Buzzing Noise?

Intel_Hydralisk

Supreme [H]ardness
I have 3x Dell P2310H right now setup in eyefinity with 2x DVI and 1x DP (no adapters). Just today, the one connected with DP started to emit a soft buzzing noise. It's very apparent when you get closer to the monitor.

What's causing this buzzing and should I be worried about it? :confused:

Try setting the brightness to 100%. If this lessens or eliminates the buzzing it's very likely an inverter issue. I wouldn't worry about it unless it bothers you tho. It's very common with the cheap components used these days.

Does the monitor have a full warranty with Dell? If so, buzzing is an acceptable reason for replacement. Be warned tho, you may get something much worse. I've been through 8 Dell 2209wa monitors myself, but finally I have a pefect unit.

Increasing the brightness to 100% almost completely eliminated the buzzing. It doesn't really bother me so much since it's very soft and I can only notice it if I listen for it or put my ear very close. As long as it's not an indication of any sort of damage then I'm not worried about it.

most likely power issue. there are power strips that help prevent those noise.

Hmm one last question... since the buzzing completely stops at 100% brightness - are there any long term effects of turning the LCD brightness all the way up?

My monitor also buzzes at lower brightness. Its a Viewsonic Optiquest somthing somthing..the monitor works fine though.

Back