Buying Tomorrow help me chose!

hahaha, looks to me like your in the exact same boat I am, and I've finally (literally after months) settled on this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834101222
note its 17", but more importantly its got the full 1600 pixels across, which for me is crucial because I code with my IDE on the right and firefox on the left: 1600 pixels across will *just* give me enough room.

the 5650 is also a pretty nice chip, 400SPs on an 800MHz 128bit bus --think ~desktop radeon 5570 performance.

from what I've heard about gateway though you're going to want a copy of the decrapifier or, better, the time to re-install the OS.

Vanilla Coke I'd for sure buy the ASUS 14.1" C2D w/1G ATI 4650, 500GB HD, 4GB RAM. I like the smaller formfactor, and thats a great laptop!

Damn, the gateway has a lot better specs ( i5, 5650). Does anyone know what the warranty is like on Gateways? My brother had a desktop from them years ago and from what I remember they were pretty decent.

I can't wait, I'm going with the gateway. Better everything for only 50$ more. I'll deal with the massive size.

Back