• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Buying new headset, need suggestions

MrCoffee

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
480
Well, my Plantronic 90s just failed out on me (left headpiece stopped working, but mic + right piece works), so I'm trying to find a new headset for a decent price.

Looking to spend around 30-50$ , mainly used for gaming, i have some nice speakers for music when i'm not gaming. I'm thinking about reordering the plantronics, i've found them for $27.50 shipped at NewEgg , and they are really the only headphones I've used.

Good deal? or should i look for another set?
 
how is the ear padding on those? I cant wear a headset that feels awful on the ears.
 
It's not bad. The pads don't go completely over your ears, just rest on them. However, they are pretty comfortable and I can wear them for longer periods of time. I heard that the PC160's ear pads are actually larger, and may be more comfortable. I am not sure though.
 
I love the Plantronics 90's....Mine also crapped out, the same thing, the right speaker went...weird huh..They were a year old, so no complaints...
anyway, I ordered 2 sets last month when the egg had them for $19.95 plus $3.00 shipping...
I mailny game and these are by far the most comfortable headphones I ever used....
 
Back
Top