Buying New Case Fans!

Volume

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Messages
4,010
So, I'm getting a little annoyed at how loud the stock fans in my otherwise wonderful Lian-Li case sound.

I have 2 front 80mm intakes, 1 top 80mm exhaust, and 1 rear 80mm exhaust. The manufacturer of these fans is ADDA, and I couldn't really find much info about the CFM/dba ratings of these fans. All I know is that they are loud beyond my liking.

The 2 80mm intake fans I was considering getting are the Thermaltake Thunderblade http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811999125

The thing that worries me, though, is that my hard drive (a Raptor no less) sits where those fans will be blowing air, so they might not be powerful enough (as user reviews state these don't move much air at all).

The thing I'm going for here is:

Fans to be quiet
2 intakes in front to have blue LEDs
2 exhausts to have no LEDs

Also, is Panaflo a good fan to look into for low noise and good flow?
 
i wouldnt trust thermaltakes specs for fans. they are always louder and less powerful, especially the Thunderblade series.

Panaflos are good, i would pick them for case fans as well. You can get it cheaper with 3pin connector here: linky

For your intake fans, these fans are really quiet and blow roughly about the same amount of air as the panaflos but have leds: linky. i have a couple of these as well as the panalflos and i cant hear any of them.
 
actually, the arctic cooling ones are great. only restriction is that they are designed for blowing out. i have at least 2 of them in each of my cases. one is mounted 'ala' velcro to the side window to cool my ram. another good choice is the thermaltake silent cat.
 
Altron3k said:
i wouldnt trust thermaltakes specs for fans. they are always louder and less powerful, especially the Thunderblade series.

Panaflos are good, i would pick them for case fans as well. You can get it cheaper with 3pin connector here: linky

For your intake fans, these fans are really quiet and blow roughly about the same amount of air as the panaflos but have leds: linky. i have a couple of these as well as the panalflos and i cant hear any of them.
Now I'm even considering goin all Panaflo, even if it means having no blue LEDs in the front of my case. The problem is that all these different Panaflo versions are hurting my head. I guess I can just get 4 of these http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37&products_id=351 and be done with it. But do i even need a Panaflo for the TOP of my case? Wouldn't a 1000rpm fan do the job? Maybe http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999071 as a top exhaust fan?
 
Panaflo L, you can still hear em, but good cfm/dba
or you can get some masscool fans (very cheap at newg in qty) and undervolt (these are very quiet when undervolted)

D

PS: btw svc.com has the panaflo L on sale
 
Nexus or yate Loon seems to be a good quiet fan. I changed out the ADDA fans on my Lian Li last night just for comparison. The Yate Loons are definitely more quiet, but they don't move as much air as the ADDA fans the case comes with. Here is a link for reference if you have the number on your ADDA fans:

www.addausa.com/specifications/92-120.pdf
 
Back
Top