Buying Mobo/CPU Combo

Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
59
Hey guys i was searching around PriceWatch and saw that they had a lot of good deals on CPU/Combo's as I am looking for a AMD64 3000+ and of course a Mobo that supports SATA. Do you guys have any reccomendations as to what places are good ones to buy combo's at, or should I stay away from that and buy the products seperatly.

Also i was looking at going for this sort of combo.. I am on a pretty tight budget so I was wondering if you had an opinion on which Mobo to choose and also if i need the thermal paste.. What would you guys reccomend getting for the heatsink fan aswell? Let me know thanks..

This is where I was .. looking
 
I wouldnt buy it combo, because it seems that most of the time combos are the cheapest chip/mobo they can find. I bought my first system like that and hated it. Bought this all in peices...and love it :D Just my $00.02.
 
Well does anyone know of any combo's (AMD 64) for about $250 or below that would get the job done??
 
Just look on Newegg and buy them serpertly, I'm sure theres a s754 bored and a s754 64 chip on there for less then that.
 
ASUS "K8S-MX" SiS 760GX Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 754 CPU -RETAIL

seems to have some good reviews and you can couple it with your athlon 64 3000. Both at newegg comes up for a total of $224 + shipping or you can find it here as a combo for $218 + shipping.

I always prefer newegg but the other site seems to have some good user reviews also. (86% positive out of 250)
 
Back
Top