Buying laptop... hELP!

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, just needing some tips on purchasing a laptop. I have narrowed my brand to either Toshiba, Dell, or iBM. I have about $800 to spend on a laptop and I am looking for something decent. I already have a rig that I use for gaming, but it wouldn't hurt to be able to play a few games on the laptop like Age of Empires or something like that :D I will be using it for travelling a lot (pilot) and a ton for just wireless internet access when I am bored. I like to multitask and having multiple internet pages and whatnot up and going on is a must... Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated!

-rick

ya nothing too big really... something i could bust out easy at an airport or on a plane or something.. thx guys!

If you want something that can handle gaming, a Dell Vostro would be your best option for that price range. You could either go for the 1500, which has an option for the 8600M GT, or the 1400, which is lighter and has a smaller screen but is limited to an 8400M GS. Either way, you could probably find something that would fit within your budget. To my knowledge there aren't any other manufacturers that offer those specs within your budget, so I think a Vostro would be your best bet.

+1 for the vostro, just got a vostro 1400 a week ago, got the 8400 with it and it rocks.

core2duo, 2gigs of ram, only 600$.

haha for the love of God don't play Flight Simulator when you're bored up there :p, I am in the same situation actually..but I think having read the previous comments I know which laptop to get now (and this is coming from someone whose been on desktops for years!)

lol ya ill be straying away from the flight sim definitely if i ever play a game itll be cs source or just random games that arent so intensive to keep my boredom back when waiting at airports and whatnot... also what should i be looking for in terms of wireless capabilities? 802.11g and all this stuff confuses me! anything special i need to pay attention to really or is it all the same? thx again for the tips guys!

also where can i find the dell vostro other than ebay? im actually looking at the 1500 with the 8600 ... cant find it on newegg :(

-rick

warsawtag said:
also where can i find the dell vostro other than ebay? im actually looking at the 1500 with the 8600 ... cant find it on newegg :(

-rick

You can find it on Dell's site.

Back