Buying gadgets you really don't need... do you? (Or do I really need a Nokia N95)

phobic

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah so I do this all the time. I buy gadgets just because I love gadgets. What usually happens is that I see something and think "Wow, that's cool!" I buy it and after a few weeks I'm bored with it OR a newer version is released giving me a reason to "upgrade".

The next gadget I'm looking at is the Nokia N95. It has a bunch of things like a GPS, 5 MP camera, video recorder, WiFi, and a bunch of other things. Now, the N95 is one of those jack of all, master of none things and I have a dedicated device for each function the N95 can do but... it's all in one.

The only thing holding me back is that it's really a phone above all and I don't get many phone calls at all really. I'm moving back to the US so this may change but I seriously can't remember the last time I actually dialed someone on my phone. That and the fact this thing is like $600 and I'll probably take a loss when the Nokia touch screen N10000 or whatever comes out.

Anyone have one of these by any chance or suffer from this problem?

yes....especially in Audio...triple to quadruple digits on a component, just so that i can hear something i did not before, pretty pointless if i stand back to look at it

Back