Buying Denon ah-d2000 from ebay

Marantz (Denon's brother who is owned by the same company D&M Holding) requires that their product be purchased through a Marantz authorized-dealer. That is pretty easy to tell because on ebay, those dealers display all kinds of ads on their pages claiming that. The ones that don't, definitely are not authorized.

Based on educational guess, Denon would run the same way as Marantz and would not have a warranty covering things sold from unauthorized dealers. But with headphones anyways, most people don't really need the warranty because it either works or it doesn't work; while receivers could have multiple issues.

Hope that helps,
Ryan

well if it doesn't work, you leave the person bad feedback on ebay. odds are it will work when you get it just because its ebay and most people have a return policy.

The seller's reputation looks flawless.

1066 positives isn't anything to scoff at. You're looking at a very high percentage of this being a 100% working pair of headphones.

Yep, they will work out of box. Just if the cord breaks in a half a year, don't expect Denon to cover it under warranty.

AKA if you get these, baby the things and be sure not to mess them up too much.

Personally, i have never dealt with Denon headphones nor have spoken with anybody who has owned a pair, so I do not know how likely it could malfunction like that. Read some reviews about the build quality, if it has strong build quality, then it should be able to hold up under standard/normal use.

The only bad thing about posting an eBay auction before it closes, is that now you'll have more people bidding on the item.

It's a buy it now item with 3 available. I don't think Rinthe has to worry about it being gone for a little while anyways.

ok thanks guys for the feedback! anyone know if the d2000 has good build quality?

Yeah, it's pretty solid.

Those look fun to mod anyway...I don't think I'd be long before voiding the warranty even if it had one. :D

d2000 build quality is pretty terrible. If you don't treat it with the most care, it'll fall apart on you.

And as for the cable breaking, that's a blessing in disguise. The stock cable is terrible.

Unless it's the manufacturer/distributor's own ebay store, you should operate under the assumption there is no warranty.

Factory sealed is a gimmick on ebay...you're better off buying an open box product that the seller verified/tested it to be working. If it isn't, you can charge him back for a not-as-described sale if he refuses a return.

Unless it's the manufacturer/distributor's own ebay store, you should operate under the assumption there is no warranty.

Factory sealed is a gimmick on ebay...you're better off buying an open box product that the seller verified/tested it to be working. If it isn't, you can charge him back for a not-as-described sale if he refuses a return.
x2!

just wondering, if i have these d2000 with just onboard sound VS. ipod/d2000, which is better?

iPods have a relatively good DAC that mostly just needs bigger caps, and a puny built-in PMP amp. Plain iPod will probably underamp them miserably, but iPod with a portable amp via LOD would probably be great.

i just got my d2000s, im just using it from my mother board, no dac or anything. it sounds like the sound stage isn't as big as i wanted it to be, will this get better as i burn in the headphones? :D

there are 6 things on the back of my mother where i can plug the headphones into, and like 3 or 4 out of the 6 all work. which am i supposed to be using?

my gift to you guys :D thanks for all the help hehe

i-love-music_100508.jpg

You're bending them too far, the screws are gonna break.

Back