• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Buying decision 1060

Actually most reviews I've seen on Youtube don't indicate the 1060 3GB is a bad deal. It doesn't beat the 6GB version, but it can match it with some overclocking on most titles.

If I was, say, on a budget and focused on 1080P gaming only, its a great card for that, but if you play your cards right a 6GB might come around for $239 (which is the lowest I've seen, a gigabyte). I don't feel that it represents the best 'value' in the current market.
I would agree with that. The reviews I've seen showed it to be a great value for 1080P (and 1440P, although that probably wont last beyond this year's games) and then went against their own data and did not recommend it in the conclusion. That's the attitude I was arguing against, not the one you've put forward here.
 
I bought the MSI 1060 6gb X Gamer and I can say as my first modest price GPU it hasn't given me any issues yet. Installing my drivers was no issue but it said I had a update even though I has the latest version. Glitch but I just removed cleaned up and reinstalled after a fresh boot.

I thought about the cheaper spinoff brands but like others above mentioned that you may regret buying the budget over the retail unit/s.

I have been busy learnign the AMD world and the Nvidia world. I formerly has the Intel processor and the AMD GPU so this is opposite of what I knew, not to mention I haven't been up on the newer tech.

I jumped into a Sabertooth r3.0 8370 with 32gb ram Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 SSD plus a Mushkin ECO 3 240gb SSD coupled with the MSI 1060 6gb X Gamer GPU and so far it has been sweet.

Now I can say I would have loved a 1080 but I am in the game for now AS LONG AS win 10 stops killing off my old games.
 
Back
Top