Buying computer hardware in China

Kwang

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
407
I'm going to be moving to Shanghai in August and would like to know what's the best way to buy computer hardware there. NewEgg has a Chinese site -- has anybody used it? Any other Chinese sites to recommend, or should I just stick to ordering from US sites and having them ship to China? I could also have them ship to my parents in the US and they can reship it to me.

I have a 24" LCD monitor (BenQ 2400W) and am trying to decide if I should bring it with me or sell it (probably get $150-$200 for it) and buy a new one in Shanghai.

Thanks in advance.
 
This was a year ago so things may have changed but IIRC, the prices for hardware in China weren't that much more than here in the U.S. Like a $70 AMD CPU would cost $78 to $80 in China.

Not that many U.S computer hardware stores actually ship internationally.
 
NewEgg's Chinese site is a good place to go.
should I just stick to ordering from US sites and having them ship to China? I could also have them ship to my parents in the US and they can reship it to me.

You can buy from newegg.cn, that will save your money for shipping.
 
I lived in Beijing for a year and there were a number of decent electronics markets around that sold hardware at slightly-higher-than-US prices, and w/o reliable warranties. The selection was there though.
 
I was in Singapore and Malaysia and I find that it is cheaper to buy things here in USA. I go to ebay, newegg, tigerdirect, etc. I take advantage of used things and bing rebate.

I compare laptop too. For example, I find the Sony Vaio is cheaper in USA(when its on sale) vs in Malaysia or Singapore.

I would buy it from a electronic shopping center if you do go there.

Just my 2 cents.
 
Back
Top