Buying an Amp

ralfyboy

Limp Gawd
I want to buy an amp mostly just for volume control with my Sennheiser HD485s. I am looking for something simple, practical, and easy to use. I'm not very familiar with amps, so I don't have an estimate on the price range or a list of qualities I'm looking for. I hope one day to become a true audiophile, but I need to start somewhere. Please post in this thread if you know where to get good amps at an affordable price, or message me if you are able to make amps and are willing to make and sell one to me. Thanks in advance.

If no one can beat $60 shipped here, it looks like Gary has another customer. :)

Since they are both in the same price range, it looks like I have options now. Which one is (I hate to ask this since it's such a vague question) better?

I'm mainly looking for something to control the volume and not interfere with the sound too much. I would also like something with long battery life. Anyone have any comparisons?

if you're not already aware, the pa2v2 is estimated to run 100 hours before needing to be recharged.

Back