buying a new pc. rip off?

i am buying a new pc in the uk. (worked for a month to buy this in holidays)
it will have athlon 64fx-55
excellent mobo (sli)
thermalright xp-120
two 74gb 10000rpm raptors
two vantec harddrive coolers
thermaltake tsunami
dvd writer
dvd rom
0cz powerstream 600watt
two sli 6800gt
cables
3.5" floppy drive/card reader
3.5" fan controller/temperatre gauge
if this was avilable for £2500 or around $4500 (checked on xe.com) is this good?
if not, where should i check for pc hardware in the uk? is there a decent equivalent of newegg.com for the uk???
thankyou so much
p/s no rich kid gags, i worked two jobs for this. (even though i am also a rich kid... :eek: :eek: _

wow thats a sweet rig. shoud belong more in general hardware however.

check newegg.com and follow the prices there also try pricewatch.com and pricegrabber.com

I just bought ALL my equipment from Scan.co.uk. They kick ass, and even have the FX-55 in stock, and its all coming tomorrow. Nice, quick and efficient.

It's a nice system, I noticed no ram. Are you buying this or piecing it together yourself. You may just take the time to check all the prices of the components online. You really shouldnt be paying $100 build fee max. Just look em up US prices then do the currency computations yourself.

PS. If you are going to buy all that, you really need THE BEST PSU. Go to PCpowercooling.com and buy there Turbocool 510 Deluxe. It'll easily manage and SLI configuration for now and the future.

The HD coolers aren't really needed, my raptor is nice and cool all the time... but you might as well if you're going to spend all the money - why don't you watercool it while you're at it?

SeaFoam said:
The HD coolers aren't really needed, my raptor is nice and cool all the time... but you might as well if you're going to spend all the money - why don't you watercool it while you're at it?

how can ur raptors be cool all the time? i find that impossible, mine are always hot

MaMMa said:
how can ur raptors be cool all the time? i find that impossible, mine are always hot

Turn up the AC :D

That is a sweet rig, bro, but where the hell are you finding SLI capable mobos and pci-e 6800 GT's???

And also, even though the raid0 debate has been done to death and it looks like you have the cash for it anyway, it probably won't help you out that much. And I would go with an Enermax 600W psu over the OCZ.

MaMMa said:

The lian li v1000 has a 120mm fan right in front of the HD's, thats how I keep my hd's cool anyways.

i am having 2gb ram. not watercooling, because an arse to do.
the ocz powerstreams have been reviewed damn well, e.g. the ocz powerstream 520watt ran fine for a reviewer, who reviwed it with a 6800 ultra, pentium 540, 6hard drives, a water cooling unit, and just for shits and giggles, an 85 watt peltier unit. it ran fine overnight at full load.
so the 600 watt should be fine for sli.
the 6800gt which are sli capable will be out soon/get 6900gt???
asus nforce 4 sli coming out november 14th
thanks for all the sites. are there any other good uk sites? (if i bought from the us, delivery fees would be astronomical. however, i will pribably buy the graphics card from there due to higher availability.)
if i can save more money (move mobile phone contract and sell free phone for £200) i may be able to scrimp and save and get two 68/900 ultras.
£2800 on a non oc, non watercooled rig....shit! :eek:

freddiepm61 said:
the ocz powerstreams have been reviewed damn well, e.g. the ocz powerstream 520watt ran fine for a reviewer, who reviwed it with a 6800 ultra, pentium 540, 6hard drives, a water cooling unit, and just for shits and giggles, an 85 watt peltier unit. it ran fine overnight at full load.
thanks for all the sites. are there any other good uk sites? (if i bought from the us, delivery fees would be astronomical. however, i will pribably buy the graphics card from there due to higher availability.)
if i can save more money (move mobile phone contract and sell free phone for £200) i may be able to scrimp and save and get two 68/900 ultras.

Let me buy your old ram please :D

current pc =
relaitvely nice silver case with 1 120mm fan and 1 80mm fan
athlon xp 2200+
asus a7v8x
768mb of pc2700 ram
gainward golden sample (so overcolocked out of the box) geforce 4 ti4600
2x 40gb ibm 7200rpm hard drives
slot loading pioneer dvd drive
plextor px708a dvd writer
coolermaster jet 7 cpu cooler
floppy drive
coolermaster fan controller
audigy sound card

is this sellable, if so what for???

difficult to tell how much that would get. My suggestion is to part it out, as you will prolly get more $ selling it that way. look at the for sale/trade thread to get an idea of prices. With the cpu, you'll get more if you tell the highest stable overclock you can get for it (same with the vid card)

freddiepm61 said:

Where did you find that the New Asus PCI-e Nforce4 Boards come out the Nov. 14th?

forums on anandtech and the inquirer at some point.
they also say that the via kt890 will be on the market (not paper launch, which has already happened) in two weeks.

is it possible to fit two nv silencers on 6800gts if they are in sli, i.e will there be enough room and will the sli connector be covered?

moreover, it seems that on the msi boards there is no sli connector or maybe there is, and the slot at the bottom for the ram dimm shaped object is simply to let the mobo know... look at http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2258 to see what i mean :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No offense on a great system idea, but right now and for a while longer it seems to be a total pipe dream.

You don't need this setup to be finished anytime soon, I hope?

And your old system is certainly a serviceable storage computer or jukebox, so you should be able to get a few hundred out of it easily. If you really want to know, price out all the components in today's prices and then take a little off for being used.

Back