Buying a new monitor...

Azphira

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone know of a place that does like ncix used to do so I don't have to go through 10 monitor returns, I'd pay $3000 for a monitor if I didn't have to play the dead pixel back light bleed game.

Anyone know of a place that does like ncix used to do so I don't have to go through 10 monitor returns, I'd pay $3000 for a monitor if I didn't have to play the dead pixel back light bleed game.

Please elaborate. What did NCIX used to do?

Also, the panel lottery with regards to dead/stuck pixels and backlight bleed, while part of almost any monitor purchase, seems to mostly affect AUO's AHVA panels. Get a true IPS sourced from LG and you'll mostly avoid this issue. Samsung's PLS is equally good.

Please post your budget, what features you want in a monitor, and that NCIX feature you're looking for and the community here should be able to give you some feedback.

This is what they used to do: NCIXUS.com - Buy EXPRESSCOVERAGE-LCD - Express Coverage - with "ZERO Dead PIXEL" Exchange (See Terms & Conditions for Details) - NCIX - Great price and fast delivery

I can go up to $2000 probably, it's something I'll be using for several years.

I've been looking these over. Pretty much anything 1440p or greater. 30" or greater.

ROG SWIFT PG348Q - Overview
Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved Ultrawide Monitor - U3415W

I like Dell's 1 bright 6 dark return policy.

I have interest in 16:9 along with 21:9

Last edited:
I would go with Amazon or Costco. While they don't have a dead pixel specific policy, they'll allow returns/exchanges unquestioned. So that should more than cover your need.

Based on my own hands on time with it, as well as other monitors in the series, my personal favorite within your desired specs is the LG 34UC98. It's 34", 3440x1440, LG IPS, 75hz, FreeSync, and outstanding quality. Retail is $1,199.99, but I saw it this past week at my local Costco for $899.99. It's not on their website (Costco's), so local offers may differ.

Back