Buying a new 3*27" setup.

carnag3

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, just wondering peoples opinions on what I should buy, I want 2560 res and preferably good colour without too much calibration as I find myself editing photos fairly regularly. I was looking at the Samsung s27b970? Thoughts?

Cheers

You are going to need some serious GPU horsepower to run that setup. If you have the budget, you won't be disappointed with 3 of those beauties!

What are you going to use for a video card? Your GTX260 supports only 2 monitors. You need to factor that into your budget.

Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry I haven't updated my setup, budget isn't an issue, I now have a ATI HD6970, should I put a second one in? Or grab the newer techs? Thanks again! :) 3x 2560 in games might be pretty hardcore hey? I am excited but.

Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry I haven't updated my setup, budget isn't an issue, I now have a ATI HD6970, should I put a second one in? Or grab the newer techs? Thanks again! :) 3x 2560 in games might be pretty hardcore hey? I am excited but.

If you want to run stuff maxed out, you are probably going to need some more powerful cards. Like GTX670/ 7970. If you go the nV route, get the 4GB Video memory cards, at that resolution you eat VRAM for breakfast :)

I game at that resolution, and if you even want to come close to max'ing graphics in games, you will need 3 highend videocards or more. I myself use 3x dell 2711 and its briliant :)

But its very expensive compared to a normal resolution like 1080p or1440p, be warned :p

Crossfire would be a big boost at your resolutions but it can be a hassle - you have to deal with microstutter, your power supply has to be big enough, etc. HD6970's are pretty cheap these days (I've seen them for under $200) so you have to balance the cost savings versus going with a simpler single-card configuration. I run 3x30" on a quadfire HD6950 and I can't max everything out, although it's more of a CPU bottleneck than a GPU one for me.

Thoughts on going 2 x 3gb 7970's in crossfire? I am pretty excited to be gaining the screen realestate!

Thoughts on going 2 x 3gb 7970's in crossfire? I am pretty excited to be gaining the screen realestate!

2 7970's would work great as well as 2 7950's if you don't mind overclocking a bit. I have the MSI Twin Frozr 7950 and it runs my 5760x1080 eyefinity setup pretty well just by itself.

Back