buying a mac mini case

markland556

Limp Gawd
do any of you guys know where i might find a mac mini case. Im pissed at my current AMD FX-55 computer and going to sell it to buy a G5 and i have some cool mods in mind.
~~Thanks

G5 and mac mini are 2 diffrent things........

and why are you pissed at your fx55? maybe we can help before you might make a mistake if you havnt used Apple computers before or arent familer with their software you should prolly get your fx55 fixed, and then buy a cheap mac mini (500-600 bucks) and tinker around see if thats what you want......if it is, sell the fx55 rig, and the mac mini to get a G5 tower

soulsaver

well the problems with my current computer are endless. As of now i cant even re-install windows without a BSOD. I seem to spend alot more time trying to make it work than using it. I use G5's at school and all i really do is watch movies, surf the internet, and run a few programs and like 1 windows game. I was going to use the MAC mini case as another external slot loading drive. I wanted to keep it all Apple-looking. Im going to get a G4 Cube case and have my other SATA drives in there.

i thought the G4 cubes were a myth?

and BSOD after a fresh install of windows? you prolly should trouble shoot some hardware

list your rigs specs off as detailed as you can get, and what other problems your having and ill see what i can come up with

my first trouble shoot would be to take out one stick of the ram and boot up, and then if that doesnt work use the other stick

soulsaver

my PC:

cpu: AMD FX-55
mobo: ASUS A8N-Sli Deluxe
video card:GeForce 6800 NU
RAM: OCZ PC4200 Platinum
hdd: 1SATA for win XP

and thats about it except for DVD drives and stuff. Right now when im installing windows i get a 7E stop error. And i know before i always got IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod's. Im almost sure its drivers, i could never find out which one it was though.

*heres the cube case, im bidding on this one, there are like 10 of them on ebay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5809191239&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&rd=1

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - on my system - i get this BSOD by overclocking my ram too much ... try checking ur RAM settings man

do you have an audigy card? my brother has had no end to his problems with the audigy drivers on the nforce platform. gets the BSOD all the time.

not anymore, i think i figured it out. My mobo seems to have problems assigining the right values to the RAM timings so a little manually setting it and im BSOD free right now.

Back to the MAC mini case. Where would i find a place to buy one???

The IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS error can mean one of many things but it is definatly hardware related, I would really look into getting that fixed before getting rid of a nice system.

Back