• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Buying a 20" moniter

L1ght

Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
865
I want to purchase a 20" or 21" widescreen moniter. I am a total noob when it comes to moniters. So I am asking for help. So far I have found 3 moniters that might do the job.

Dell 20" Widescreen

Gateway 21" widescreen

Acer 20" Widescreen

The Dell is much cheaper than the other 2, plus the others are getting dangerously close in price to the Dell 24"...

Is the Gateway or Acer so much better than the Dell to warrent the extra $200?

Thanks for your help.
 
I would go with the 21 gateway but if you wish not to through money out the window, go with the Dell.
 
My vote would go with the dell 2005fpw, as i just received it yesterday and love it!
 
Asian Dub Foundation said:
u would be very happy with the dell, i'd get the gateway ONLY if u can splurge
you can wait for a sale, CircuitCIty had it for $520 + free shipping.
I don't get this:
The 2005FPW does NOT support HD 1080i right?
The Gateway DOES support it, yet their resolutions are the same.
The 2005FPW does not support it because it does not have the proper scaling hardware or something?
 
i don't know why everyone is so fond of the dell lcd , believe me when i say that i tried both " the 2005fpw and F-20 " and the f-20 is miles better , it look and perform way better than the dell.
 
Thanks for the replies, I think I am gonna wait for the new Dell 24" LCD that supports the HD stuff and get that.
 
Err...

I might go with the gateway. Good Idea? 20" seemed to small at BB, 21" looked just right.
 
This is a great monitor, period. There is only one thing that I wish was different...the controls are all on the side rather than the front, and that is about the only issue I have had with it. I have not done much by way of gaming though, I played a few rounds of Swat 4 and it looked great.
I am happy with it.
 
Fistandantilis said:
This is a great monitor, period. There is only one thing that I wish was different...the controls are all on the side rather than the front, and that is about the only issue I have had with it. I have not done much by way of gaming though, I played a few rounds of Swat 4 and it looked great.
I am happy with it.
Sweet. I am excited. It looked pretty good at BB. Might be a couple weeks before I get it tho. :( :D
 
L1ght said:
Err...

I might go with the gateway. Good Idea? 20" seemed to small at BB, 21" looked just right.

dont all the 20's BB carry are 4:3 and not widescreen? that could be a reason why the 20 looked small. if you cant buy for a few weeks hopefully the new 20" wide dell will be and out and see how that goes. i just boughte gateway yesterday and so far its great, minus the lack of dvi cable which is perplexing.
 
Back
Top