Buy Opteron now or wait?

computergeek22

Limp Gawd
After the Enquirer scare should I buy a 148 now or wait after Christmas. Do you guys think prices will go down or opterons will totally disappear?

computergeek22 said:
After the Enquirer scare should I buy a 148 now or wait after Christmas. Do you guys think prices will go down or opterons will totally disappear?

pricing is prolly going to stay somewhat stable.

that being said, 148s aren't too expensive as is right now (at least from me... :) )

dave

I had the same dilema. I'm building a PC in January and buying the bits while researching at the moment. I decided on an opty and for me, it was what I wanted for my new build. So I bought a CPU while I could.

If your not too bothered about getting hold of an opty, then I think you should wait. If the supply runs out and you really wanted one (and will regret not buying one) then you should buy one now.

It all depends on you :D

I just sold my other comp and got enough money to buy a 146 from Dave Graham :) Nice prices

I have both a 146 and a 148 and i say buy the 148 while you can it runs Great, they both run Great but I do love the 148 better. :D

dave_graham said:
pricing is prolly going to stay somewhat stable.

that being said, 148s aren't too expensive as is right now (at least from me... :) )

dave

about $213 right?

Snatch one now. I bought an extra one because they just raised the OEM price at the egg, so I fear we may see an end to the 148 soon. That's why I picked up another. ;)

contaminant said:
Snatch one now. I bought an extra one because they just raised the OEM price at the egg, so I fear we may see an end to the 148 soon. That's why I picked up another. ;)

i'm cheaper than the 'egg. :) and nicer too. :)

dave

Dave's a great guy to deal with! I bought my 144 from him for $130 + shipping when other vendors wanted $190 :rolleyes:

But yeah, of course they'll be cheaper in a couple of months...if ya don't mind waiting that long.

D'oh.

I just checked out the queue and found that I had already mailed him about it earlier. Double d'oh!

homersapien said:
Dave's a great guy to deal with! I bought my 144 from him for $130 + shipping when other vendors wanted $190 :rolleyes:

But yeah, of course they'll be cheaper in a couple of months...if ya don't mind waiting that long.
And in a couple months who knows what they'll do for overclocking. The golden days may have passed.

Back