buy.com 7%-off coupon

vbrtrmn

2[H]4U
http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=80568071
*edit removed the referral link (thanks for the pm SJetski71!) *

* Orders must be placed on or before 6/30/2007 11:59:00 PM PT.
* This offer is not valid in our Cellular store.
* This offer is not valid with any other coupon, shipping coupon, or other promotions, including Deal of the Day.
* Valid only for items labeled "Pre-order" or "In Stock: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 business days".
* One coupon per customer.
* Coupon offer not valid for purchasing a gift certificate.
* Instant Rebates, Coupons, and eCoupons may not be used together.
* Buy.com coupons may not be used in Premier Partner Stores.
* Buy.com reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time.
* Coupons are not valid on Marketplace items.

(Not compatible with Affiliate program. Coupon cannot be replaced if lost or deleted. Only valid to customers who have received the e-mail.)

To anyone using this coupon, just be careful about buy.com
I've had very bad experiences with them in the past and so have many, MANY other people...
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Buy
Ya, we all know buy.com fairly well here, including bestbuy.com and compusa.com who get similar ratings. They have poor customer service but great prices so most here are willing to accept the risk when a hot deal is at stake. Most of the complaints involve delayed shipping, lack of communication and orders being cancelled due to products being sold out.

That being said i've ordered from them dozens of times with no real problems yet and the few minor issues i had were dealt with swiftly, keeping my fingers crossed of course.

Thanks for the heads up OP, this coupon may come in handy.

To anyone using this coupon, just be careful about buy.com
I've had very bad experiences with them in the past and so have many, MANY other people...
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Buy

Wow, I'm surprised the rating is so low.

I've brought from them many, many times. I've never had what many would call "problems". Sure once in a while there is delayed shipping, but I always get it in a reasonable time. Sometimes I order when they are "temporarily out of stock" and they shipped it the same day.

I am sure that many people who are satisified with buy.com don't rate them (I've never rated them, they never asked).

So, considering the disclaimer will the Google Checkout $10 credit work with it? Since it's a Google Checkout credit?

So, considering the disclaimer will the Google Checkout $10 credit work with it? Since it's a Google Checkout credit?

No!

I hate buy.com Its like it every other purchase from them is a bad experience. LOL I really don't like them but, I just used it to get me a nice 8800GTX $511.49

crud when they say u can't use it unless they've sent it to your email they weren't kidding. the coupon removes itself from your cart after u log into buy.com's website.:(

I was sent this "coupon" via email and tryed to use it on a Gamin 76csx for 325.49 after coupon use. I went threw check out and went threw the process of giving my credit card and billing address. The website said that Discover Card wouldnt let me ship to an address that was not my billing address.. complete farse and what also was odd was that I had ordered one other time from Buy.com and used my Discovercard and had the Item shipped to a different address.. no problem then.. but NOW there is one. I changed my billing address to the shipping address and contacted Discovercard and told them to have an Alternate billing address so if there was an issue Buy.com could call and make sure i was legit. I sent my request to buy the item and thought all was good.

The next day i was sent an email from buy.com telling me that there was a problem with my Credit card and that my billing didnt match. The email requested me to provide a correct Billing address and a phone number to the credit card company and they would resolve the issue if not the order would cancel after 7 days if i gave no notice.
I emailed them with the alternate billing info.. the same one they wouldnt take in the 1st place.. and sent them the credit card 1800 number. I get a notice sometime that day from buy.com in an email saying for the most part "Buy.com is working on your issue, you are not forgotten...ect" it was an automatied canned email.

The next day I call Buy.com's 1800 phone number and go threw the loops to talk to a sales person.. From... wait for it.. wait for it... India. I give ole boy a quick low down on what is happening.. He says that he is unable to help me and offers to transfer to Support... I agree to it.. I wait.. on hold... for 40 mins.. Thank GOD for speaker phone. When a person does pick up the phone, I tell her whats been happening. We change the billing address to the same one i sent in reply to the email to buy.com the other day. She said that it can take 2 or more days to verify billing.. umm.. ok. I hang up... 5 hours later, i get a email from buy.com asking again, for a different billing address and my credit card 1800 number. Im fed up with this so far. I get back online and cancel the order and then reply to the email stating to cancel my order as well.

So... during all the time between making the order and such, i checked out that http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Buy website and now understand why its so low.

Im 50/50 now with ordering.. and wont order from them again.
Just some FYI for those thinking of ordering from them..

PdxLou

"Instant Rebates, Coupons, and eCoupons may not be used together."

Since when does a company not allow you to save with instant rebates + coupons? I've never seen that before.

The next day I call Buy.com's 1800 phone number and go threw the loops to talk to a sales person.. From... wait for it.. wait for it... India.
<OFF TOPIC>
I don't get why companies are so apt to move to India with all the call centers, the people in the US with the most money are 50+ now, my parents for example, my mom called Hechts CS one time, which was also in India; she said she couldn't understand anything the agent said. She held a Hechts charge card for over 20 years and cut it up that day. I called my bank's CS one time, which they had moved to India, I spent 20 minutes on my cellphone verifying my home address, which meant going back and forth with the CS agent, asking me about different counties I lived in over the last 5 years. At the end of the call, all I wanted to do was have something shipped to my business rather than my house, which the f*ing agent said she could do, before we started with the questions, she was like, "Um .. lemme check, no we can't do that." I said, "That's f*ing great, thanks a lot!" I hung up and closed my bank account.

Back