Buy Anything with Cryptocurrency

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

John McAfee is a nutty guy, and you can call it good or bad, but he is pointing out that you can buy more than just food, sex, and homes with crypto. You can buy a Bentley too! Thanks cageymaru.

I use cryotocurrencies[sic] where possible. I found food, entertainment, clothing, homes, and sex for hire services,...

2. PaulP

PaulP Limp Gawd

I'll bet when you go to transfer the title on that car, the DMV will require cash. Same for the license tabs and insurance. Can't pay your taxes with bitcoin either. So no, you can't buy anything with it.

3. xrealm20

xrealm20 Gawd

Actually... you can convert BTC to Fiat w/ a debit card these days... so, yeah, by extension, you can buy just about anything with BTC.

wolfofone, craigdt, Orddie and 5 others like this.
  4. nysmo

nysmo Gawd

The taxes paid to the DMV come after the sale, so you can buy the car in bitcoin then pay your taxes in cash. I could sell you my car right now, sign the title over to you and you could send me BTC to my wallet. Then you get a tax bill when you register it and pay that yourself at the DMV.

So yeah, you can buy a car with BTC without any fancy currency exchange shenanigans.

captaindiptoad likes this.
  5. nysmo

nysmo Gawd

It doesnt even have to be "by extension". People still utterly fail to grasp the concept of what currency means. It's like they think currency is just United States Dollars, and anything else is just a process of converting something into USD. Currency is simply whatever someone will accept in exchange for goods. I could buy a Bentley with a chicken and eggs if they'd accept that. It's up to them to do what they want with that "currency" once it's in their possession. In this case, Bentley accepts bitcoin. Maybe they sit on it, maybe they exchange it for Ugandan Rupees, point is they took something for a Bentley, thats all there is to know.

6. dgingeri

dgingeri 2[H]4U

I find it funny that he's openly admitting he has to pay to get laid.

BitMaster and HockeyJon like this.
  7. kju1

kju1 [H]ard|Gawd

He cant buy my trust. *mic drop*

8. Retronym

Retronym Something big is coming.

You can do nearly anything if you're motivated enough.

It becomes kind of pointless with the fees being what they are. Not for a car, the fee is meaningless in that situation.

9. Gweenz

Gweenz Gawd

This is just a way for that dickhead to brag about the dumb car he just bought.

10. EODetroit

EODetroit [H]ard|Gawd

In a deflationary economy like crypto, everyone should take it as payment, but no one should actually pay with it. So this is only half-irrational.

11. Burticus

Burticus 2[H]4U

Watch the Showtime documentary on McAfee. This dude has done too much (many?) bath salts.

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  12. IcePickFreak

IcePickFreak Gawd

I had to laugh at this response...
    mcafee.jpg

Jon855, ChoGGi, Absalom and 4 others like this.
  13. Wrecked Em

Wrecked Em [H]ere for the GangBang

It's like building a gaming rig. Some guys have the talent to DIY. Others have pony up cash and hire an outside contractor like HP or Dell. Or there's old guys like me, who decided gaming just wasn't worth the effort anymore.

EODetroit likes this.
  14. Bootleg Usher

Bootleg Usher Gawd

There was a documentary on TV a couple months back:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6071534/

Dude is into some weird shit.

15. meanmodda[H]

meanmodda[H] Gawd

Wouldn't waste crypto on anything that I can buy with fiat ( unless they offer a suitable discount).

16. Draax

Draax [H]ardness Supreme

17. Kyle_Bennett

Great flick.

More hookers employed at CES 2018 this week than all year in Las Vegas. I guarantee you. The stories I could tell, but will never.

IcePickFreak and lilbabycat like this.
  18. kju1

kju1 [H]ard|Gawd

All I have to say is: VMWorld 2011 and prior. 2011 was the last year I went...I heard they "cleaned up their act" after.

19. Kyle_Bennett

They used a wetnap prior?

kju1 likes this.
  20. kju1

kju1 [H]ard|Gawd

Ill take the 5th if ever asked...

21. BlueFireIce

BlueFireIce [H]ardness Supreme

Most countries or governments that have their own currency will not accept anything but (even if the people use and accept other forms of functional currency), so that could apply to just about any other currency, go and try to pay your taxes with one without doing some sort of exchange. Exchanges exist for a reason and using that as some form of "see, bitcoin isn't currency!" is like saying the USD isn't currency because you can't pay your taxes in the UK with it.

22. Kdawg

Kdawg Limp Gawd

What's the stigma in that? It's not just about getting laid, but getting laid by a hot chick.
    Why would you settle for uggo pussy with a bag over her head?
    Most guys are too fat or ugly to get a hot girl, and there are tons of hot girls selling pussy who otherwise don't want anything to do with you unless you show them the money.

Rich guys all pay to get laid directly or indirectly.
    I applaud his honesty.

23. Draax

Draax [H]ardness Supreme

Although the video is now in dispute there is an interview of his ex “girlfriends” and they say he paid them .... but not for sex. Research this further at your own risk, just sayin’

24. lilbabycat

lilbabycat 2[H]4U

for those wondering, scat. its not even that weird anymore after a couple decades of internet.

25. Kor

Kor [H]ard|Gawd

Everyone's favourite lunatic

26. kju1

kju1 [H]ard|Gawd

*snort* Thats funny. Most guys arent confident enough to get laid. Looks can help but they arent the only factor.

27. Kdawg

Kdawg Limp Gawd

that's funny. Sounds exactly like what a pickup artist coach would say.

But go to any of the hot Instagram models who sell pussy on the side, and see which of them would give it up for free for Average Joe. It's not lack of confidence. It's reality.

If you saw how young girls play Tinder these days, and how few mutual matches you get, you'd know how they think.
    And besides, old man like McAfee paying for hot young pussy is perfectly fine.

28. Kyle_Bennett

Get on topic or do not post.