Buy a 2900XT?

I saw a 2900XT re-boxed for 340$, would it be worth it to buy it, or would I be better off with an 8800GTS?

buy a 8800GTS 640 meg, or wait a couple months till the 9 series comes out.

your gonna hear the same thing from everyone. 8800 is a hands down winner.

I saw a 2900XT re-boxed for 340$, would it be worth it to buy it, or would I be better off with an 8800GTS?

If you can have the HD 2900 XT, cheaper than any 8800 GTS you can find. Then go for it. However, the 8800 GTS 640 is the better card overall.

Grab the 2900XT. But please tell us what power supply you have before ordering either card.

if you was thinking about a GTX or a 2900 then I would say the GTX but a GTS is def not as good as the 2900 so I would go with the 2900

if you was thinking about a GTX or a 2900 then I would say the GTX but a GTS is def not as good as the 2900 so I would go with the 2900

What Shinryu said x 2, except for the whole 'what vs. were' issue.

I thought that GTS was better than 2900 still?
Anyway, if i am not mistaken the 640mb verstion of 8800gts is about $375-400 now? I don't remember, but I think that is right, If that is the case, I would look at your budget. If you have a decent card, wait for the 9 series, or if you have enough to upgrade in november-december then get teh 2900xt. I really think there might be something special about the 9 series, and if not, 8 series should drop in price.

If you can get it for $340, then I would go for the 2900xt, although make sure you have enough power. Even though some may say the 880gts is better, the drivers for the 2900xt are slowly getting better.

HD2900XT is only good if:

1. You don't have ears or ar deaf. If heard a 2900xt "in action" and boy is it loud compared to 8800gts, which doesn't really make a sound even at extreme torture and overclocked.

2. You have a very powerful PSU. Make no mistake about it, the radeon pulls in some serious juice.

3. You don't want to use antialiasing on a 350$ gfx card. It's no secret: HD2900XT's antialiasing performance is piss pore.

4. You're not overclocking. hd2900xt overclocks badly. And when overclocked, pulls in naturally even more juice, is even more loud and runs even hotter. An overclocked HD2900XT is entering GeForce 5800 ultra territory even more.

5. You don't mind the fact that a geforce 8800 GTS 640 is simply more practical and a better all round card that won't drive you nuts with noise and electrical bills. The new 8800 GTSs are all with the newer A3 core, which can be overclocked to mach a 8800 GTX within 5-10% in performance. Same goes to the 1.1ns memory that does 1GHz easily. So now, we have a card that's only 5-10% off an 8800 GTX, runs cooler and more quiet than a Radeon HD2900XT and costs basically the same.

Well, I have spoken. Radeon fans be free to prove me wrong.

2900xt is totally superior, check out this review from Tigerdirect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drxe0F-5wxY&mode=related&search=

He isn't biased either, because he isn't trying to sell you anything.

I seriously ROFL'd out loud when I watched that. (And his hair cut is about as gay as they come)

Which ones the Vista or XP?

XP GTS wins
Vista it is more or less a crap shoot.

Um it still wins or whatever you want to call it...http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTM2NiwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

2900xt is totally superior, check out this review from Tigerdirect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drxe0F-5wxY&mode=related&search=

He isn't biased either, because he isn't trying to sell you anything.

are you fucking kidding me , I wanna slap that guy for spewing his BS, we've already seen the performance benchmarks GTX whoops its ass and not only that its little brother the x1950 beats it in some benches.

lol jmackay I do hope you posted this as a sarcastic jesture?

are you fucking kidding me , I wanna slap that guy for spewing his BS, we've already seen the performance benchmarks GTX whoops its ass and not only that its little brother the x1950 beats it in some benches.

lol jmackay I do hope you posted this as a sarcastic jesture?

since he has an 8800 GTS (according to sig) I think he's being sarcastic.

Lmao.

Gts wins in all aspects.

Lower Power Consumption.
Lower sound level
Better Performance Overall
Better AA Performance.
Better Drivers.
Runs Cooler.
Doesn't look like a McDonald's Happy-meal Toy.

Get a GTS. You will not be disappointed.

Back