• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Busted BeyerDynamic dt770 250?

Jenova

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
224
I've just setup my computer since January '10 and have noticed that my Zero DAC/DT770 configuration is playing sound very, very dimly. To even get a faint sound, I need to turn the dial completely to the right, whereas before, I only had to turn it a quarter turn or less to get loud sound. I've had a look at the audio settings and found nothing unusual. I also installed the newest version of the Realtek HD audio driver. Are my headphones busted? I still have until Oct. '10 before my two-year warranty expires.
 
Try it on a different output/source first. Do you have other headphones to try with the ZeroDAC?
 
I'd check your source before believing the Beyer's are dead. What else have you tried so far?
 
I borrowed a computer and it seems both my Sony and DT770 work. Both have vibrant sound. Now I will need to find a computer with an optical output to test the Zero DAC, and see if my headphone jack is installed correctly in my A-05B.
 
Check if anyone you know has a receiver (Think people with home theaters). Most of those will have an optical input/output you could use. I think some versions of cable and satellite receivers have them as well. Haven't bothered to check the nether regions of the newer box DirectTV installed so that may or may not be true.

Glad to hear it isn't the headphones.
 
Damn, I forgot about Direct TV. I'll have to see if has optical out.
 
Back
Top