Business wifi on seperate subnet

Abbaddon

Weaksauce
Looking at setting up a public wifi for some customers relatively cheap.

I'd need a captive portal, and obviously on a separate subnet away from business traffic.

I've been looking at Unifi access points that I can just plug into my Century Link router. I've heard good things about them.

Thanks in advance

Unifi is very good for what you want, you will need a box that is up 24/7

You can wanted a captive portal unless you have one already which you may. The controller has one built in but it needs to be ran 24/7 in order to provide that feature to you.

The access point's captive portal pages redirects to the server running the controller software. If the server is down, then the hordes may connect in an uncontrolled manner....

You can wanted a captive portal unless you have one already which you may. The controller has one built in but it needs to be ran 24/7 in order to provide that feature to you.

What do you mean by controller?

The access point's captive portal pages redirects to the server running the controller software. If the server is down, then the hordes may connect in an uncontrolled manner....

Is this controller software included with the Unifi access point?

The controller is free, is what is used to do the original setup, and can run on Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.

For the captive portal (login for guests), the controller must be online all the time. For just basic wifi uses, the controller is not required to be online all the time.

You can run the controller on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for fairly cheap, or run it on a computer you already have. It is VERY lightweight.

Back