Business -> Ultimate

CrimsonKain

Weaksauce
I have a Vista Business DVD with its own product key.
I have a Vista Ultimate DVD with its own product key.

Business is installed on my current machine. Can I upgrade it to the Ultimate one without reinstalling?

I've been searching around a bit for the answer to this seemingly simple question but everything just talks about the Anytime Upgrade which, as far as I can tell, involves buying a copy of Windows online and then upgrading. Seeing as how I already have both purchased that does not seem like the right option.

Thank you.

Have you tried sticking the Ultimate disc in the system, and seeing what optoins are available on the autorun menu.

Decent chance the upgrade option might be there.

If it is a retail Business license, you could even move it over to another computer at that point.

I would wait for the Ultimate disk. You will probably be installing twice otherwise.

If you install it without entering a license key you can choose to install Ultimate, and then you'd have the 15 day (I think it is) grace period before you had to activate it. If by then you had the Ultimate key you could just enter that, otherwise enter the Business key. All the discs have all the versions, so you should be able to install whatever you want.

If you install it without entering a license key you can choose to install Ultimate, and then you'd have the 15 day (I think it is) grace period before you had to activate it. If by then you had the Ultimate key you could just enter that, otherwise enter the Business key. All the discs have all the versions, so you should be able to install whatever you want.

True, you could install without the serial and pick Ultimate. It should be 30 days to enter the serial. It will activate immediately when you enter the serial and won't ask to do so, be sure you are ready when you do.

Back