Business Surveillance System Help

I was asked to setup a surveillance camera system for a local towing company. They have a budget of around $2000. They ideally would like 11 cameras hooked up to a DVR that can be accesed via the internet (and ideally an android app.)

I have been looking at various systems and was hoping someone would have some recommendations.

Needed:
-4 Inside Cameras
-7 Outdoors
-DVR

Obstacles:
High electrical interference with BNC cables in the ceiling. Would need a thicker gauge or Ethernet.

Also:
They would like to mount one camera high on a pole in the center of the tow yard to monitor the cars, any suggestions on how to achieve that wired / tirelessly would be great.

And the long skinny building is a tent for working on tractor trailers, I would like to mount a camera in there as well.

Image showing location red lines go in camera directions.
tow.jpg

First off, you need way more budget. A 360 degree pan tilt zoom camera worth a darn can cost $1k by itself. Good IP Cam's are around $300 a pop. Some vendors to look at

Digital Watchdog
Axis
Geovision

Budget option would be Monoprice

Look at 4xem no software cost but you need.more budget the ip ptz is 1700 for the 35x zoom. But they dio have a cheaper one

Install a tv card ->wiring
Will remove any delays. Once you stream anything over a network we are talking about delays

Another happy Axis user here too, but with Axis you won't get get what you need from Axis on that Budget. We have a remote location we are looking for some stuff and our cdw rep suggested DLink NAS and IP Camera's. Going to take a look at reviews and such, but their pricing is pretty decent.

Ask yourself the following question. for what is the cameras? If its to protect your business and you travel a lot yes.

But if its static at work and its going to be viewed at work why go the more expensive route?

Most businesses still use CCTV for that reason. Don't waste money on features your not going to use. It can always be added later

We have Axis camera's, but keep in mind that the quality isn't that great. After about 30' or so, the quality really sucks... But we are running everything at 480p I believe, but we also have 20+ camera's on site. If you put one up high on a pole, make sure it is good quality.

If you are going cheap, we used the ADT DVR setup at one location. Pretty hokey, but it works.

Back