Business class e-mail hosting

fibroptikl

Supreme [H]ardness
We don't host our own e-mail server in-house, and usually have it done by our web host provider.

Our first webhost provider sold out to another company, and it went down-hill.

We moved to a new host, midPhase. Well, they're run by a bunch of Russians (all of the System Admins I dealt with were russian). We had major connectivity issues with sending and recieving, and delayed messages by SpamAssasin.

We switched to a new host, which was my choice. Everything is fine, but we get delayed e-mails because of SpamAssasin. We can get e-mails just fine, but due to the high load that the server is processing, it takes a while (anywhere from 1 hour to 4 days). We also get some "Too many SMTP connections" as well.

I'm looking for a company that can have reliable, always up, quick, error-free e-mail for our company. Don't need Exchange, just basic POP3/IMAP access. 25 users.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried any NON mom&pop shops. They're are plenty our there to google and there is a sticky here on the forum for hosting. Everywhere I look there are places with guaranteed uptime, spam filtering, and all of the other headache stuff dealt with on there end. You can bet that if millions of users send emails through them spread out over thousands of companies, they will be able to lead you in the direction you desire.

We have a guy in texas manage ours and it is by no means a large corporation with a contract and we are fine. We do pay a hefty $350/month but if we ever have a problem its cleared up within a day, the other 99% of email problems are due to user stupidity and the need for 3rd party programs that they aren't smart enough to work anyways.

www.prohosting.com

I use them and the service is very good. If you have a problem, you give them a call and they respond within half an hour (more often than not it's about 10 minutes) and the problems are resolved. They offer varying levels of service, depending upon what you need, and how much you want to pay. Give them a look, it's not bad.

Have you tried any NON mom&pop shops. They're are plenty our there to google and there is a sticky here on the forum for hosting. Everywhere I look there are places with guaranteed uptime, spam filtering, and all of the other headache stuff dealt with on there end. You can bet that if millions of users send emails through them spread out over thousands of companies, they will be able to lead you in the direction you desire.

We have a guy in texas manage ours and it is by no means a large corporation with a contract and we are fine. We do pay a hefty $350/month but if we ever have a problem its cleared up within a day, the other 99% of email problems are due to user stupidity and the need for 3rd party programs that they aren't smart enough to work anyways.
It's kind of a hit or miss with Mom & Pop shops. We had one that was fine for many years.

Company would have no problem paying decent cash.

I was looking at Intermedia.net, just for the basic e-mail hosting (non-Exchange).

Do you have any experience with App River or Intermedia?

It's kind of a hit or miss with Mom & Pop shops. We had one that was fine for many years.

Company would have no problem paying decent cash.

I was looking at Intermedia.net, just for the basic e-mail hosting (non-Exchange).

Do you have any experience with App River or Intermedia?

Yes...a few clients of mine are on them. I find AppRiver better....when I've called for support...always immediate and very responsive, get a live body immediately. Intermedia is solid service...sometimes their support can take a bit to get to.

Yes...a few clients of mine are on them. I find AppRiver better....when I've called for support...always immediate and very responsive, get a live body immediately. Intermedia is solid service...sometimes their support can take a bit to get to.
Are AppRiver and Intermedia pretty reliable otherwise? No delay in sending or recieving of messages, and reliable?

AppRiver does Exchange-only from what I can tell. Otherwise, I'd take a harder look into AppRiver. Intermedia is the number one choice right now.

Do the customers that use Intermedia for e-mail, find it to be a good service (none of the things I mentioned above)?

hey man, if you need hosting let me know, we got a rackspace managed server.

we use to use intermedia for exchange hosting, but had some problems. now were using rackspace hosted exchange and that comes with app river.

postini didn't catch nearly as much spam as we got.

if you want a host let me know, i think the hosted exchange is fairly inexpensive, but 100% reliable so far with rackspace.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

We ended up going with BHI Advanced Internet Solutions (http://www.bhi.com). They are local (about a 1 minute drive down the street) and because that is what I initially suggested to the VP.

So far service has been great. I may move to them myself.

I recommend Mailstreet (http://www.mailstreet.com) to anyone I do consulting work for. They are a hosted Exchange/Blackberry Enterprise Server/etc solution. I use them for my personal/business domain ($30/month for my two accounts and BES hookup).

Back