Burstcoin mining pool for [H]

lilfiend

Supreme [H]ardness
I setup a burstcoin pool at burstfiend.com for [H] users. I'm not announcing this server elsewhere to try to keep the eye of the ddos'ers off it. If they do catch on to it we should be fine since it's a dedicated server with ddos protection.

The pool is a Lex pool and currently has 1% fees It pays out 45% to current round shares and 65% to historical shares to balance out payments a bit. Minimum payout is 100 burst.

Pool recipient address is:
BURST-MT3Z-HX5A-KYYN-6PFRV

I am open to suggestions and am willing to change things if need be.

Updates:
Fee changed from 2% to 1%
Changed fork detection from 1 block to 3 (maximum recommended)
Setup backup wallets in case main one forks
Increased peer limit from 20 to 1000: Now 3000
Increased send to peers limit from 10 to 20: Now 100 (considers a new transaction or block sent after it reaches 20 peers)

Update 07/28
Easy setup and sync for a wallet!
Burst database download available at bursfiend.com/burst_db.zip it was made on 07/27/17
You can get the latest AIO wallet from here https://github.com/dawallet/burstwindowswallet/releases

Last edited:
Looks like lex pool is still causing issues, going to look into upgrading to ninja v3 pool, the default alg for payouts has a skew though to payout those who send in better deadlines, I'm going to try to make sure that skew doesn't exist so that payout is fair.

Also pool should be above 200TB now according to what I've been told people are mining with, hopefully with an upgrade to ninja the reporting will work and we'll be able to see.

I finally got a copy for the ninja v3.1 source, upgrade will be incoming :p

I'm trying to get into this with my paltry 2TB spare hard drive, but I can't find a faucet that works so I can point my miner to your pool. Any links to one that works?

I'm trying to swap over to this pool. I finally have my wallet locally synced. How do I change to a more reliable online wallet? The one I have been using is always down. (Wallet.burst-team.us)

Yep, I'm the JFER one on there. I've got about 60TB right now up and running. Should be a bit higher, but I've been plotting and moving some stuff to some slower archive drives I picked up. I'll be a little over 100TB in a week or so. Running out of room to plug everything in. Just ordered some parts to put together a Ryzen 1600 machine to end up throwing all 23 drives onto. Kinda feel like I should've just pony'd up and went with the 1700, but oh well.

We need to start hitting some blocks in this pool! Ugh!

Is burst dead? I've stopped mining till this gets sorted out I had some burst in the AIO online wallet which is completely broken right now. When things are fixed I'll do a local wallet and jump on this pool.

Is this pool still up? with everything going on my miner is just sitting idle.

Is this pool still up? with everything going on my miner is just sitting idle.

Kinda, I'm still working on wallet issues and the fork mess won't be fixed for a few days yet so its likely to still have issues for a bit here.

Also still working on a ninja v3.1 pool on another box so this pool isn't dead by any means but it isn't fully functional as of this moment. Once its caught up on this chain I think it will be mostly operating again, at least in its current form (lex pool). If you run a miner against it right this second you'll be able to see what block its on in real-time. Alternatively you can use http://burstfiend.com:1111/network but it only updates ever 20-30 seconds and if the wallet triggers an auto-restart it can error out (uncommon though and not the same error each time), I think I can fix that by setting it to auto-restart also but I've been spending more time on getting the wallet on track and getting the ninja software to run.

EDIT: A quick note too, I'm running the pool on a dedicated server but its linux and while the original uray and lex pool software are node.js, they were designed for windows. So even though you should be able to see realtime everything on the site its not always accurate. That is to say it is either updating or it isn't. The only ways I've found to tell if the pool and the webpage aren't communicating right is through watching what my miner prints out or ssh'ing in and seeing the updates print there but not on the site. Its not terribly common anymore since I replaced sockets.io.js with one from a specific version of node that seems to work better than the one lex recommended randomly as a fix in one of his threads.

Last edited:
Any update on this lilfiend? Looking to swap over to [H] Pool soon with 28TB currently and 16TB more waiting to plot....

Sorry had to move on short notice! Looks like most the wallet stuff has been fixed. I've got it updating now..... again.....

Alright I got it on the right chain! Got the backup wallets syncing up! burstfiend is fully functional again!

No current miners? Im a new user thats just getting started on burst. Was looking for a good pool

I was thinking 80TB at first. But since Itll take me a month to plot them all ....I kinda pulled the plug on that plan for now.
You can try this pool.
The only pool I used from June, and it's pretty good.
They don't have a size limit(low and high), but remember that it involves a lot of luck to find block.

Back