• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Burson conductor SL 9018 not working :(

smodtactical

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Messages
181
My Burson device that I purchased January 2015 has stopped working. I believe it may be a problem with the device not being detected by windows. When I try to reinstall the drivers they tell me to connect the burson device and after disconnecting and reconnecting it it just does not detect it and says no device detected.


I am using windows 10 x64 and I used the device for about 1.5 years without problems. Nothing changed about my setup or the device itself. I tried it in multiple usb ports and same issue. I also tried to swab the DAC since I own both and that didn't work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
 
Try another windows install or another PC.
The device might be fine.

I've managed to hose my USB drivers a couple of times so that new things wouldnt install a driver and any USB drive refused to work at all.
Luckily I had a backup to recover from.
 
Thanks for the suggestion Nenu.

Ok looks like I fixed it, it was the c-media board thats screwed up. I switched my old tenor usb chip back in and it works! So thats great but I would prefer the c-media usb board since I used to crash periodically while using the Tenor chip.

I swapped the chips back and forth trying to change the drivers as appropriate and it always works with the tenor chip and its undetected by the c-media chip.
 
Last edited:
Honestly neither the C-media nor the Tenor solutions are very reliable. I've had issues with both in various devices over the years. Much prefer the XMOS or Amanero USB options.

If the Tenor proves unreliable, you can always contact Burson and see if they will kick down a new C-media based board. If it were me, I'd grab a USB to SPDIF converter and just use the coax input on the Burson. Look for the Breeze Audio or any other XMOS U8 based design, kinda hard to screw that up even for cheap kit off ebay. Also the Gustard U12 is nice and SMSL makes a decent one for cheap. Any of these should be theoretically superior to the Burson design, not to mention more reliable due to the XMOS chipset.
 
Thread necro, my burson conductor with c-media usb chip doesn't work in Win10 anymore

I just get:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A USB port reset request failed.

Was working prior to the anniversary update but broke after the update

Might have to switch back to the old tenor for now
 
Back
Top