Burnt CPU. does it effect the temp when in use?

Xelemental

Limp Gawd
ok so basically there have been times when my CPU almost completely fried like no other. Once because one of hte wires got stuck in the fan and the fan stopped working and then comp shut down. I smelled something burned and i thought that the cpu fried. but it turned out that it didnt fry but when i took the cpu chip out of the socket, it had a burnt mark on the bottom of it. now dont get me wrong it still works fine. but i was thinking will this effect the temperature im getting? like im using two cpu fans to kool it off and when its idle, its 49 C. and im pretty sure i put the thermal paste on correctly since i have done so many in the past.

now for the longest time i was wondering why my cpu was always so hot. could it be that because it has a black stain mark (from something that got burnt) that it gets hotter quicker?

How are your case temps? Is this actually an increase over previous temps/ is your heatsink lapped? Did you put on a very thin layer of thermal goop?

A scorch mark, particularly on the bottom of the chip won't effect thermal transfer on top of the chip. If you had the seperate diode in the bottom of the socket, you may have burned the diode which can be giving funny readings.

Is the system stable?
If Yes, then don't worry about it.
If no, worry. :D

My cpu runs ~60C 24/7 for 3 years now. I can't stand the noise, and i'm too cheap for watercooling.

Back