Burning my Vista Image...problem

djnes

Fully [H]
I've never seen this before, so hopefully someone can shed some light. I got a DVD copy of Vista from a server at work (so it's legal) and I am trying to burn the DVD. The file is over 2 GB in size, but when I open the iso, it only shows a readme.txt file with the following contents:

This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

I tried burning it in Nero, and only got a disc with the readme file on it. What gives?

I googled it outta curiosity. Try burning the ISO to DVD. The ISO File not the image. Just transfer the whole file. And then try opening the ISO from the DVD. From what I've been reading UDF is a supported windows file format but it get's screwy sometimes. BTW, wasn't UDF the same file type used by Roxio in there DirectCD program? The one that let you burn on the fly like the cd was a hard drive? Maybe you can find something along those lines. I wouldn't go with the windows copyright protection scheme. Hard to think M$ somehow modified an ISO Standard to accommodate there anti-piracy efforts.

Are you opening the ISO in Nero, or mounting it with another program? I'd mount it with Daemon Tools and do a Copy Entire Disc in Nero.

Though I'm sure you've tried that already. :)

I had been opening it in UltraISO. I don't use Daemon Tools, but I guess this is a good excuse to try, once I try ne1wantaride's suggestion.

Back