• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Burning JPEGs to DVD (viewing problem)

r_holmes22

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 29, 2002
Messages
226
I have just burned a bunch of JPEG images to a blank DVD+R using Roxio Easy DVD Creator 6. Although the files can be read by my computer, they won't display on my DVD player. I know the player supports JPEG images (I've viewed exactly the same images from a CDR). For some reason, the player isn't recognising there's a disc present ('no disc' message) with the DVD+R.

Could this be because my player isn't compatible with DVD+R (i.e. might I have more luck using DVD-R discs?) or could it be because I 'closed' the session but not the disc when I burned the files (the prog won't let me close the disc retrospectively, and I get the impression this feature is only for music CDs anyhow)?

Is there a step-by-step procedure I should follow to burn images to a DVD disc to view on my player? I am accustomed to using Windows XP's built-in functionality for dropping JPEGs to CDR to view using my DVD player, but this doesn't work with DVDs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
 
It looks as though you were right. I looked up my player on the link and it supports DVD-R and DVD+RW. I'll buy in some more disks and try it out. At least I can use my current batch of blank DVD+R disks for backup purposes.

Many thanks for your help; appreciated.

Cheers.
 
Back
Top