• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Burning DVDs and so on. Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzeroMobile50K

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
262
Ok so I was pretty much up the entire night, fiddle doodling with Cyberlink's Media Suite. I messed around and enraged myself for while with the software that came with my blu-ray writer, and eventually uninstalled, and installed a pirated version of the same software, I think it was 1 version newer, but a lot of the apps were the same version. And it ran 5000% smoother, and had 1/10th the errors and crashes, oddly enough, you'd think it would be the opposite. Anywho I kept going for a few more hours with little success. I finally got my job done, however with much less than impressive results.

What I was trying to do, was take this blu-ray rip of Red Riding Hood in .avi format (1.7gb) and stick it on a 4.7gb DVD, without any loss in quality. Shouldn't be an impossible task right? Anyway I've never had so much trouble with a company's marketed software in my life. CyberLink seems to not be in the ball with their programming.

When trying to burn the movie to the DVD in Highest Quality, it tells me it's like 6.5gb/4.7gb available on disc?? So I can't do that, and the next highest thing is the Magic Fit option or w/e it drops it down to like 4.2gb I went ahead and setup a DVD menu and stuff, little intro movie too, a pre-made dolby one cus it looked cool. And burned the dvd. After all was done, I gave it a little watch, and compared it to the original .avi file. There is quite a noticeable loss in quality. An unacceptable amount tbh. Am I missing something? Or is this software just ass? Are there any better alternatives out there that'll give me less trouble and offer a more professional result? I also went through a few other programs in attempt to solve my issues in conjunction with CyberLink media suite, ie imgburn.

Does adobe have something to replace these CyberLink programs? Adobe's stuff is so well designed and works amazingly well in my experiences. But I did not see any of their stuff described as working such with disc media. Most of it's digital media. Or can it be done?

Only real reason I tried CyberLink is because I need a program to play Blu-Rays, and CyberLink has one of the bigger reputations, and my own version of CyberLink 10 is complete ass, however my pirated version of 11 works wonderfully. That is so bizarre. I have checked for updates too, it just screams at me to buy their newest versions of all their software.

Is there a better way to play blu-ray media? I prefer VLC/WMP, or anything similar to VLC, open source lightweight, easy to use, functions great. Or are there any paid solutions that work a lot better than CyberLink?
 
Was looking through Adobe's programs, and I should be able to do everything through Adobe, however I'm wondering just how much I can do with Encore. I believe that's the program that finalizes and burns the DVDs yes? Could I go through and make menus and such like you can with crappier media software suites ie cyberlink, and probably roxio?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top