Burning AVIs in DVD format?

DigitalMP

Gawd
Okay, I've been looking to figure this out for a while, I just haven't gotten around to it. Is there a way to take AVI clips and burn them to DVD, so they can be played in a DVD player, in DVD format? (I'm aware many can play AVI and MPG formats...)

I've burned a couple using the DVD-video option in Nero, but the file was still in AVI format when I viewed the disc contents.

Do I have to convert the AVI to DVD, or is there an app that will convert it on the fly? If so, which should I use? Least expensive please...

Thanks!

- D

You'll want to use Nero or another DVD burning program to create whats called a VCD or SVCD (At leasts thats what its called for CD's). Most DVD players understand the VCD/SVCD format.

Right, but I would like it in DVD format, because this is also going to help me with editing game film for lacrosse, and burning it back to DVD.

Thanks for your suggestion.

If you have Nero get the upgrade called Nero Digital. That will take any video file that nero supports and convert it to IFO and VOB files. It will also make the correct Audio_TS and Video_TS folders for you. Start up the program called NeroVision Express.

Go to videohelp and you can search the guides according the formats you want to convert from and to. There should be quite a few avi->dvd guides. I wouldn't go the VCD route. Not really worth it when you can easily do DVDs.

MrGuvernment said:
search functionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it is really useful!!!!!

And I went through about 15 threads that didn't give me a clear answer. NONE of them that were returned in my results stated anything about Nero Digital. But hey, you upped your post count, so keep thread-crappin.

Back