Burning a rar/iso file

Pegesus

Limp Gawd
Hey i have a rar file which i extracted and it opened up into more rar's so i extracted them. Inside each rar was the exact 2 same files. 1 was a *.bin and 1 was a *.cue file that was all the files in each rar. I was told that this was basically an iso file so if i used nero to burn the 2 files to a cd that i would just run and install properly. Is this true?

Nero - cancel wizard - File - Burn Image - select the cue file only, make sure the bin and cue files are in the same directory - Ok.

so i only burn the .cue file what do i do with the .bin file. and yes they are in the same dir. I also since there were 30 rar's i placed each one in a different folder but all have the same 2 files in it. So im basically gonna be burning 30 differnet cd's or iso's correct

also what do i do with the bin file i not quite sure what you mean do i just copy the whole folder to alcohol/nero that contains both the bin and cue file

Put all of the .rars into one folder.
They are sequentially numbered. Right-click on the first one, and choose "Extract here".
This will give you your .bin and .cue

Now do what FanZ said.

FanZ said:
Nero - cancel wizard - File - Burn Image - select the cue file only, make sure the bin and cue files are in the same directory - Ok.

Edit -

Depending on which version of Nero you have, the Burn Image option will either be under File, or if you have the latest version, it will be under Recorder

And don't worry about "doing" anything with the .bin file. The .cue file takes care of that for you. It tells Nero what to do with it.

to use this file you must first extract the .bin and .cue files. evidently every single RAR file you have has these two files, so just go into the first folder and extract the two files. what happens is when you extract those two files, they pull info from the other RAR files, and generate a larger .bin and .cue file.

now that those two are extracted, it all depends on what the program is you just extracted. if its a game, i just leave it on my HDD and use Alcohol 120% to run the game. you can do the same thing w/ other programs.

to burn an image i recommend nero. load up nero, on the top menu click 'Recorder,' click 'Burn Image,' select the two files, and burn. (at least, thats how i believe its done. all of my extracted .bins and .cues just sit on my external HDD and i use Alcohol 120% to run them. i may have done this before, but its been a while.)

The bin file is your data. The cue file just tells your program how to burn the data. You don't really *need* the cue file, but to guarantee a good burn, always load the cue... and the program will read the cue and point to the bin and burn it correctly (given that everything else is right... no corruption etc)

The reason you have so many .rar files is it is broken up in case of a transfer problem. You can resume it that way...

Back