Burned molex?

Neural Interface

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
384
I have a 9800pro that is flashed to XT speeds, I have had it for a few years with an artic cooler on it, I remember that I seen the molex was a little burned although I have been running it since and its been ok.

What do you guys think? just a surge?, any danger its the 5 v line (red) the rest are fine

TT 480w (pfc) PSU well within its limits dont think its that.

 
I would just keep an eye on it... what else can you do ya know? I got some blackening on the floppy connector for my 9700. I think it's because I was using the dongle sapphire included. It was noticably thinner than the wires running out of my PSU. It never blackeneed the actual cards pins but I imagine it could, just the floppy connector was turning straight up brown. Eliminate any kind of dongles you might be using. Built a rig for a friend with that card. Just wired his True power up to it directly and no one has looked back.
 
Dongle, i assume you mean the molex converter/extender thingy (techincal term) :D

yeah I think you may be right I will see if I can rewire and directly connect the PSU molex

cheers ;)
 
Back
Top