• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Burn-in on an LCD?!

JustLong

Gawd
Joined
Jun 24, 2002
Messages
793
I thought LCD didn't have to worry about burn-in because they don't use phosphorous?

We got a Dell 2005FPW at work a couple weeks ago. It had a CMD window open for about a week and the image is faintly burnt in wtf?
 
LCDs do have "image persistence", search for it in this forum for a handful threads.
 
LCDs can get a temporary burn in effect. If I leave a high contrast scene up overnight then the next morning try to read [H] or [M] I can easily see the faint burned in image with their dark background, but it goes away after several minutes, so no harm no foul. I don't think an LCD can permanantly burn in.
 
They can also get temporary flicker persistance. If I play Gran Tourismo 4 on my 2001fp then use the computer if I drag a window over (under?) where the thousandths of a second were displayed it flickers.
 
This is the best pic I could get. I outlined the command window in the smaller image in the lower right.

Burnin.jpg
 
NulloModo said:
LCDs can get a temporary burn in effect. If I leave a high contrast scene up overnight then the next morning try to read [H] or [M] I can easily see the faint burned in image with their dark background, but it goes away after several minutes, so no harm no foul. I don't think an LCD can permanantly burn in.
Well the image sat for about a week and hasn't gone away after 14 hours.
 
Back
Top