• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Burn-In on an Apple CD

dirtypop

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
364
I got my Apple CD (20" or 21"?) a few weeks ago and I can already see my desktop burned in when I'm playing games or on the doubleu-doubleu-doubleu. Is this normal? Does it go away? It hurts when I pee?! Aah!
 
dirtypop said:
I got my Apple CD (20" or 21"?) a few weeks ago and I can already see my desktop burned in when I'm playing games or on the doubleu-doubleu-doubleu. Is this normal? Does it go away? It hurts when I pee?! Aah!
serious??? that sucks ive got the same screen about 3 months ago, nothins happened.. disconnect from power and pc/mac for a few days and see if it goes away? maybe :(
 
Image persistence

I've noticed it on my 2005fpw, which should have the same panel as the ACD 20", but it's not permament. Displaying a full white screen will help, although I don't worry too much about my start menu burning in cause its there all the time anyway.
 
HRUNTING said:
Image persistence

I've noticed it on my 2005fpw, which should have the same panel as the ACD 20", but it's not permament. Displaying a full white screen will help, although I don't worry too much about my start menu burning in cause its there all the time anyway.

I'm pretty sure the OP wasn't serious, or at least I hope they weren't, but thanks for the serious response ;)
 
I have a 2005FPW and sometimes see this as well. It's nothing to worry about. Just give your monitor a quick rest and it'll go away.
 
Back
Top