Buried my cable! PICS!

I feel for you. My Father lives in Ft. Myers, but didn't get touched. He did make me a video of the huricane lifting the porch about 10", but it was held down with steel cable. I flew down and seen some of the damage. I just couldn't beleive it. I still gotta move down there :D Its worth it.

Are you going to leave a lot of that cabling exposed like that?

Here is what I posted somewhere else incase you are wondering about something.
I am technicly not done yet, I was going to seal the tops of the PVC with something, but like you said I could have done that in addition to adding an angle to it.

I know about the grounding part and gave it some thought, your right.... After reviewing my cruddy work I have decided to re-do the whole thing, I like to get it right the first time, not have problems down the road. What i'm going to do is just go to home depot or something and get some continuous flexible PVC stuff, like what is used for plumbing, so therefore there is no chance of water intrusion through joined parts. But thats not all! I will also run the cable that is at the trailer to the house so there will be a continuous cable from the pole to the house then at the house I can put up a temporary splitter at the house and run it to the trailer... And it will also be grounded. I'm kind of scared about the signal, it looks like the cable guy stretched some RG-6 from across the street to its current location.

Here is the signal the modem is getting right now:
Forward Path: Return Path:
Signal Acquired at 111.000 MHz
SNR: 31.7 dB (periodically drops to 28)
Frequency: 30.5 MHz
Received Signal Strength: -13.8 dBmV
Power Level: 61.0 dBmV
Bit Error Rate: 0.001 %
Channel ID: 5
Modulation: 64 QAM
--------------------
Return path:
FRQ: 30.5 MHZ
Power level: 61.0 dBmV
Channel: 5
Modulation: QPSK

Haha...

Another victim of Pcola...I live off of Olive...our neighboorhood got it pretty bad, but nothing as bad as the beach...hell it hasn't been that long since you have been allowed to stay out there..

Thank god I am on Cox...and it also helps I am a partner for Cox. We tried to help mediacom out when they first debuted their buiness product, but they screwed it up so bad I had to go over mediacom's head to the actual bandwidth/IS provider...I swore that I would limit my dealings with them after that.

Although to be fair I have heard they are improving (of course when you start at the bottom, the only way to go is up :D ) Low blow, yes.

Well, you did a good job, and Im glad you used pvc piping, because with the amount that sand shifts, your drop line would have been hosed after a short time. Only one thing I can see as bad, your local cable company might get a bit pissy about the cable being buried and dont be suprised if they come out and restring a drop line. Im not sure of the rules in Florida, but here in Oklahoma and in Las Vegas Cox Comm does not allow customers to mess with the drop lines because of certian standards that cable companies have to follow in regards to the drop line. Oklahoma is really anal about it due to the cable line carrying a 83v charge on it for telephone service.

I highly doubt they care. If anything they will appluad me. There are only mostly cable contractors contracted by mediacon to hook people up, and they really dont care, they just hook something up...it works, get paid...go home. Hopefully I'll have some one who knows something run some RG-11 this next week.

Back