• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Burglars Busted By Text Message

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Burglar rule number #1: Don’t send a text message (with the exact location you are hiding) to your accomplice while he is being interrogated by the police. Thanks to Harold R. for the linkage.

Two juveniles may have learned a valuable lesson Tuesday night: After committing a burglary, don't text incriminating messages to your accomplice because police might be interrogating him at the time. That lesson landed the two boys in jail on burglary charges, according to a police report.
 
God I love technology, it shows us who's truly stupid in our society!

Although I guess in defense how would he know his buddy was nabbed by the cops.
 
The first rule or crime is that it doesn't pay. The second rule is that if you are a criminal, most likely you are a moron.
 
The first rule or crime is that it doesn't pay. The second rule is that if you are a criminal, most likely you are a moron.

I've met a few smart criminals...

And crime does pay, if you're not a fucking idiot. To be honest, if I were planning a heist like this one, I'd talk - only - in private... Who the fuck leaves a paper trail like that!
 
I've met a few smart criminals...

And crime does pay, if you're not a fucking idiot. To be honest, if I were planning a heist like this one, I'd talk - only - in private... Who the fuck leaves a paper trail like that!

If you met smart criminals, why did they get caught?
 
[H]adouken!;1034219187 said:
Why?

First being caught on a web-cam and then ebay. When will criminals ever learn?
Lets hope never, because it's the difference between someone breaking into your house, stealing shit, and you as a home owner/renter most likely has to eat the loss of whatever they took (unless you have theft insurance), and having some bumbling burglar get caught, you get your crap back, plus they go to jail.
 
Reminds me of the time back in HS when some jackass stole my phone. Called the phone company to get a call record of my phone, tracked back a few phone numbers, and found out who the little dipshit was after calling his GF's number. Oh, and just for the record, the phone was a POS, too. Nothing really fancy on it that would make anyone with a brain want to take it.

I've met a few smart criminals...

And crime does pay, if you're not a fucking idiot. To be honest, if I were planning a heist like this one, I'd talk - only - in private... Who the fuck leaves a paper trail like that!

No, crime never pays. It loans. ;)
 
Nice, a change from that "busted by youtube" or similar stuff. They probably learned their lesson for the next time..
 
Young whipersnappers... back in my day we didn't have all these new fangled things to text our hideout locations and light up our B&E point. We had to use old battery powered flashlights, nylons for disguise and actual corner payphones... costing me my own dime too. They have it too easy these days, damn modern criminals.
 
I've met a few smart criminals...

And crime does pay, if you're not a fucking idiot. To be honest, if I were planning a heist like this one, I'd talk - only - in private... Who the fuck leaves a paper trail like that!

Bernie Madoff made billions bilking people from their money in a phony ponzi scheme and more. I consider him to be a very smart man. Look at him now. Just think of the effort it takes to be a criminal. How about putting that effort into being an honest human being.
 
Bernie Madoff made billions bilking people from their money in a phony ponzi scheme and more. I consider him to be a very smart man. Look at him now. Just think of the effort it takes to be a criminal. How about putting that effort into being an honest human being.

All very true, however he sure did get away with it for a very long time and lived a life of luxury. Not saying that what he did was right by any means, it's just ya know they have not even come close to recovering all the money he swindled. He is 71 now and has most likely been swindling investors since the 60's when he started his Investment firm. Not a bad run for a old dude.
 
Back
Top