Bungie Working on another Halo

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
The big news of the week was indeed Bungie splitting off, but in this 1UP interview, it was confirmed that they are working on another game based in the Halo universe.

Jarrard: Well we are already at work on another Halo game -- I wouldn't call it "Halo 4", but it is based in the Halo Universe and represents a collaboration between Bungie and Peter Jackson. Halo 3 was definitely not the last Bungie Halo game.

i somehow have a feeling this movie is going to blow. a halo game based on the movie based on the game.... great...:rolleyes:

i somehow have a feeling this movie is going to blow. a halo game based on the movie based on the game.... great...:rolleyes:

i sure hope it doesn't, such potential...

all we need at the theater is another mindless action flick.... (READ: doom the movie)

the good thing is that peter jackson isn't the type that does mindless action flicks... lets just hope he doesn't get strong-armed by the people bankrolling the movie and make it another crappy money-train (spider-man)

and anybody who thought they'd stop making halo games after the 3rd was the most successful entertainment launch ever... is just naive

I just hope now that they aren't fully controlled by Microsoft that they'll develop on the PC first :D. HAHAHA I must be crazy, but the game would benefit ;). The games are ruined for me just because of the fact you have to use a stick to look around. UGH.

I just hope now that they aren't fully controlled by Microsoft that they'll develop on the PC first :D. HAHAHA I must be crazy, but the game would benefit ;). The games are ruined for me just because of the fact you have to use a stick to look around. UGH.

If they had a 360 keypad/ mouse I'd be all over it :D

Halo is going to be Microsoft's Final Fantasy, except it won't be (and wasn't, mind you) a last ditch effort to make a game successful enough to launch them out of going out of business.

i hope the new game is based in the last book. it was a great book and has lots of potential to be a game! hints the name not being halo 4 since the book doesnt have master chief in it.
fingers crossed and hoping.

I hope they release it for both PC and consoles, rather than Microsofts way of releasing the PC version 2 years after the console version.

Yup, which is odd as I thought the movie was finally pronounced dead.
Not at all. Originally, Paramount was going to be producing it, but they couldn't/wouldn't supply the budget. Fox (if I remember right) picked it up a few months ago as a result, and preproduction is underway.

Not at all. Originally, Paramount was going to be producing it, but they couldn't/wouldn't supply the budget. Fox (if I remember right) picked it up a few months ago as a result, and preproduction is underway.

Hopefully it will not get messed up. Peter Jackson lost a bit of his post LOTR glamour after the trainwreck that was King Kong.

I'm a huge Halo fan and think a proper handling of the story could be a great film, and not just a mindless action flick. Sure, Bungie cribbed heavily from multiple sources (Niven and Brin mostly) but that doesn't mean a film treatment can not be awesome.

:D

eat_my_shorts.jpg

Bungie should have stopped while they were ahead. Like sometime before they made the first Halo game.

The bungie/halo/pj game has been constantly mentioned by MS and Bungie and Peter Jackson for over a year now, not really news.

Back