Bundled CDRW & DVDRW software

CantAimWhenDrunk

Limp Gawd
This question is for those of you who added a DVD burner to a system that already had a CD burner.

I have had a Liteon 48x and recently purchased a Pioneer DVR-A06. I have installed the new drive without difficulty, but I am uncertain about the software situation.

Do I keep the software that was bundled with the Liteon and install all the stuff that came with the Pioneer? Or do I remove all the software that came with the Liteon and let the programs that came bundled with the Pioneer handle both drives?

Thanks in advance for any input.

It doesn't really matter. But for convenience, it would probably be better to use the software that came with your Pioneer drive as it should support both DVD and CD writing. Therefore, you don't need 2 sets of programs to do one job.

Either way, you can select which recorder you want to use in the program whenever you want.

Originally posted by viper11885
It doesn't really matter. But for convenience, it would probably be better to use the software that came with your Pioneer drive as it should support both DVD and CD writing (unless it is dedicated to DVD writing only). Therefore, you don't need 2 sets of programs to do one job.

Either way, you can select which recorder you want to use in the program whenever you want.

Back