• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

BulletProof FTP: Problems Connecting

StarsFan4Life

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
472
I setup BulletProof FTP lastnight at home and setup a couple of test accounts to see if I could view folders from outside my home network.

When I got to work today I hit ftp.mywebsite.com and the login screen came up. None of my logins (which I am entering correctly - case sensitive and all) work. My log file "shows" me connecting but gives me these messages:

-----Type A
-----200 Type set to A
-----PASV
-----227 Entering Passive Mode

However, I keep getting shot back to the login menu and cannot ever connect. What am I doing wrong here? I do have the following things enabled/set:

* Router has port 21 forwarded to this server at home
* Windows Firewall is OFF on the server
* Using Dyanmic DNS through DNSMadeEasy.com and it is all configured properly and working (have my website through IIS working just fine with all of this - and as I said, from outside my home network I can hit ftp.mywebsite.com and the login screen comes up - but my logins will not work)
* User accounts do point to a particular "test" folder on my server until I can get this working and setup completely


Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 
You'll also need to set(in BulletProof FTP settings) and forward(on your router) some ports for passive connections.

To set them in BulletProof FTP, go to Setup--Main--Multi IP Settings--Passive Mode, then check "Use passive mode IP:", pick Dynamic IP, type in your dynamic domain name, then below that pick a range of ports(I pick a range of about 100), then forward those ports on your router as well.
 
Back
Top