bulletin boards

Hey guys, I'm working on a website, and this site has certain pages that require registration and login to view. So I just finished writing my own scripts to do this, but now I need to add a bulletin board to the site. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for bulletin board software, preferably free, (i know phpBB is big) and how to integrate it with my site. By this I mean only people that have registered for my site can login and use the board. I guess the only way to do this would be to send users to register for the bulletin board instead of my own registration system, then when users log into my site I would check against the bulletin boards user list instead of mine. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

so you basicly want to have a page where members (and only members) can post their own stuff and everyone can see it?

thanks for the replies. i ended up going with phpbb and having useres register through the forums instead of my site (i modified the phpbb registration scripts/template) and when people need to login i just do it against the phpbb user table instead of my user table. sorry if my first post wasn't too clear, i just wanted to integrate the forum with my site, so that if you register with my site you get to access the protected content and participate in the forum, i didn't want to have two separate registrations, one for the site and one for the forum.

Back