Bulk Network cabling

Sarekai

n00b
Hi,

Where's a good place to purchase bulk network cabling? I am looking for cat5e in the 250-1000' range. Nothing fancy, just pvc, stranded etc. Primarily concerned about quality, and good price. I've got my own tools to create the patch cords, I just need recommendations on a place to purchase from and won't get ripped off.
Thankye

Sarekai

Check eBay first. When I did my home I bought 1,000 feet of Cat6 at CompGeeks. I wasn't happy with the quality so I checked eBay and found a much higher quality of Cat6 and got it for about $73 for 1,000 feet.(Berk-Tek Lanmark)

I've found that companies often sell leftovers from large cabling projects. If you find something on eBay, just check the brand out and decide if its worth it for you.

Thanks for the info..I had been checking ebay and found a few vendors that looked reputable.

What are good brand names for bulk cable? :)

thanks again

Sarekai

Best: (more $$)
Nordx
Belden
Berk-Tek
Systimax

Good: (decent price)
Mohawk
General
CommScope
Hitachi

OK: (usually cheaper)
Belkin
Genesis
Comtran

For all around general usage I would recommend General Cable, always has worked well for me. If you are only making patch cables, go with stranded cable. If you are also going to run drops in walls, etc, then get solid cable.

Back