Buliding PC need, companies that provide cross ship/AR

ObamaFan

n00b
So i am buliding a pc and i want the best support if something breaks so far:

CPU - INTEL (because of cross shipping)
HDD - seagate (advanced replacement)

Anyone else got the rest such as mobo and graphics?

I think WD does cross shipping if your HDD is failing and will send you a new HDD if you need to back up your files before you send the dying one back.

Thanks. I do have a 2TB my passport from WD that I use for backup. But what if it breaks too? I want a products in my computer that I wont have to worry about missing my pc for a week or two.

So does anyone know a company that does cross shipping for: GPU/RAM/CASE? :( or do I have to go with some stupid company that takes ages to repair it :(

Really? You wouldn't be able to go on living without your PC for a week? Or are you naturally paranoid? Build your computer, enjoy it and stop worrying!!!!!

Thanks. I do have a 2TB my passport from WD that I use for backup. But what if it breaks too? I want a products in my computer that I wont have to worry about missing my pc for a week or two.

So does anyone know a company that does cross shipping for: GPU/RAM/CASE? :( or do I have to go with some stupid company that takes ages to repair it :(

Not sure what could go wrong with a case that would require one to be cross shipped...

I think you are a bit too tin foil hat about this. If you really need to minimize downtime, you need a second PC as a backup.

Case: You can always run the computer on the mobo box temporarily.
RAM: Buy a 2nd set. It's only like $40 for 8GB
Mobo: Not sure

Really? You wouldn't be able to go on living without your PC for a week? Or are you naturally paranoid? Build your computer, enjoy it and stop worrying!!!!!

Thats also why you have backup computers. Go a week without a PC?! HA! :eek:

You will need to double check but EVGA on my last card, offered an option to pay like $20 or less cant remember exactly for a cross ship / better service option.

As for the case, I have never in my life had a case that failed lol. Its more about preference and you should know most of it right away.

I know corsair also has a cross ship option but not sure if it is default. That could get you the ram psu and hard drive

Logitech typically does not even make you ship a bad mouse or keyboard back so its better than cross ship.

Alot of companies will let you cross ship but you have to essentially pay them first, so you pay for a new one, then they send it to you, when they receive the bad unit back and verify it is bad they give you a credit back on what you paid them.

Oh I should also add that the ultimate cross ship option is to buy a new product replace it then RMA the old one, when the old replacement comes back you sell it as BNIB on ebay / here. Also pretty sure that amazon would take care of you for a while on alot of things. However if things are really critical you should just buy a dell get the on site warranty, they will put a guy in your house to fix whatever in a day.

You will need to double check but EVGA on my last card, offered an option to pay like $20 or less cant remember exactly for a cross ship / better service option.

As for the case, I have never in my life had a case that failed lol. Its more about preference and you should know most of it right away.

I know corsair also has a cross ship option but not sure if it is default. That could get you the ram psu and hard drive

Logitech typically does not even make you ship a bad mouse or keyboard back so its better than cross ship.

Alot of companies will let you cross ship but you have to essentially pay them first, so you pay for a new one, then they send it to you, when they receive the bad unit back and verify it is bad they give you a credit back on what you paid them.

Oh I should also add that the ultimate cross ship option is to buy a new product replace it then RMA the old one, when the old replacement comes back you sell it as BNIB on ebay / here. Also pretty sure that amazon would take care of you for a while on alot of things. However if things are really critical you should just buy a dell get the on site warranty, they will put a guy in your house to fix whatever in a day.

Thanks for that, but I am located IN europe so evga is => :(

and does corsair need you to secure with credit card?

Yes, all advance RMAs require credit card deposits, that are refunded as soon as they receive the defective part and ensured that it is indeed broken and replaceable under their warranty terms (i.e. no user damage, water damage, etc).

Yes, all advance RMAs require credit card deposits, that are refunded as soon as they receive the defective part and ensured that it is indeed broken and replaceable under their warranty terms (i.e. no user damage, water damage, etc).

Intel does charge you for CC :S you know any companies that dont?

Last edited:
Okay, in that case, they still required your credit card info, and they still require that the credit card be legitimate. I'm sure they did some kind of test charge or credit check to ensure that they can recover their losses should you have decided to not return a part, or returned a part that was not covered by warranty terms to them. Placing a hold on the credit card is a CYA measure that most companies do, in order to ensure the card has enough funds so that they can charge for the product should the person decide to try to scam them.

Okay, in that case, they still required your credit card info, and they still require that the credit card be legitimate. I'm sure they did some kind of test charge or credit check to ensure that they can recover their losses should you have decided to not return a part, or returned a part that was not covered by warranty terms to them. Placing a hold on the credit card is a CYA measure that most companies do, in order to ensure the card has enough funds so that they can charge for the product should the person decide to try to scam them.

Alright, but by chance do you know a company that does this for : ram/mobo/GPu?

if you cant afford just a cheap pc or laptop then that job of yours must not be very good.

I edit movies using After effects. A laptop would not be able to handle such taskes that I do. A PC that is able to handle stuff like that is like 2000USD and that is my salary monthly.

Back