Built system...no video signal

Joined
Apr 24, 2001
Messages
578
Got my shipment from Newegg, built it last night and have been unable to get a video signal. Specs are as follows:

AMD FX-51
Asus K8V mobo
Asus Raedon 9800XT
4x512mb Corsair XMS
Thermaltake Xaser 3 case/PSU
2xWestern Digital Raptor
2xSeagate 120GB
Lite-on CDRW
Plextor DVD+/-RW
Samsung 3.5 drive

Card is firmly in the slot, everything else appears to be in working condition from what I can see and hear (Kinda had to know much without being able to look at the monitor). The fans on the Raedon are running when I power up (As is everything else). No beeps or funny LED light codes from the mainboard. Unfourtanetly I don't have another card to try out to see if the Raedon was DOA. I'm thinking about RMA'ing it but I want to make sure thats what it is before I do it. Is there a way to check for output from it and stuff? With a test light or something perhaps?

I have to leave town Thursday and would really like to be able to get the system going or alteast know whats going on for sure before I leave. I have already contacted asus via their support forum, not much luck there yet other then a suggestion to flash my bios (Kind of hard to do when you can't see what your doing). Any help really appreciated.
 
This may be stating the obvious but have you checked the pins on your monitor cable(bent pins are rare but it happens)? Have you tried a different monitor?

Peace Morlos
 
Yeah, the monitor I tried hooking up first is the one I'm using right now (17in LCD from OfficeMax, its a Proview) I also tried hooking up an old 17in box monitor with the same results.
 
Dude, It's the 9800XT...ASUS ones f'ed beyond belief. Trust me, I have one myself...
 
So are you trying to tell me I need to RMA it to newegg ASAP before it spontaneously combusts? :D
 
this is most likely not your problem, but whenever I built my system I was not getting any video. After an hour, I figured it out. Some of those contacts down inside the vga slow were bent across the bottem of the slot. I have NO idea how they got bent but they were. RMA'ed the board. Recieved the new one and it booted up fine.
 
Back
Top