Buildzoid timings on AM5 (7950X)

Auraka

Limp Gawd
System has been up and stable for a while, I dug around a bit and ran across some videos regarding Buildzoid's secondary timings and set those. My question is is CLDO VDDP a static or dynamic setting? ASUS had it set to 1.141, I've lowered it to 1.0, I've seen others reference .9V as the preferred target. I load EXPO then tweaked in the secondaries, and was able to lower VDIMM to 1.34, stable in Prime95 and gaming. Also what is the general consensus with Buildzoid's timings for those that tried them? I've seen a measureable increase in DRAM bandwidth running Prime95, HWInfo peak is the highest I've seen.
7950X Strix, X670E_E Gaming, F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5 (Hynix)

Attachments

• ZenBuildzoidTimings.jpg
    ZenBuildzoidTimings.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
System has been up and stable for a while, I dug around a bit and ran across some videos regarding Buildzoid's secondary timings and set those. My question is is CLDO VDDP a static or dynamic setting? ASUS had it set to 1.141, I've lowered it to 1.0, I've seen others reference .9V as the preferred target. I load EXPO then tweaked in the secondaries, and was able to lower VDIMM to 1.34, stable in Prime95 and gaming. Also what is the general consensus with Buildzoid's timings for those that tried them? I've seen a measureable increase in DRAM bandwidth running Prime95, HWInfo peak is the highest I've seen.
I use his timings for DDR5 6200 with a 7800X3D, from this video:

View: https://youtu.be/XT_Km8UzZvY?si=l-falpJkCilBS2aN

I don't think I deviated at all, with the timings. I will check tomorrow. I did start with his timings from Hardware Unboxed Zen4 memory video. But that was before the big AGESA update for memory.

For voltages, I think I combined some knowledge from various, as well as experience with this same set of RAM, in an Intel build (I'm using T-Create DDR5 7200).

Good'ol Buildzoid. Good stuff.
Anyone have a fav of his that worked some majik on DDR4 for you?

I found much greater stability setting VDDP to 850-900mv. VDDQ also doesn't need to be that high, it does not need to match the VDD - I've been setting it to 1.150V with good results. His timings and voltages are a blanket setting which should work on pretty much any setup, but there is plenty of room to optimize the voltages.

Also, your vSOC can probably come down a lot too. I started at 1.275 and ended up at 1.135 which is the same as JEDEC auto setting.

Before making these changes, my Asus board wouldn't even POST at 5600mhz let alone 6000+. With a single rank kit I can now get it to 6400 1:1 and 7600 1:2. If you want moe speed, dropping CL helps a lot as it really isn't critical.

One last thing, it may not be the case for your board but my Asus board needed MCR enabled in two separate locations AND power down enabled in the BIOS for it to actually work properly. My boot times went from 3-5 minutes to less than 10 seconds.

Last edited:
I found much greater stability setting VDDP to 850-900mv. VDDQ also doesn't need to be that high, it does not need to match the VDD - I've been setting it to 1.150V with good results. His timings and voltages are a blanket setting which should work on pretty much any setup, but there is plenty of room to optimize the voltages.

Also, your vSOC can probably come down a lot too. I started at 1.275 and ended up at 1.135 which is the same as JEDEC auto setting.

Before making these changes, my Asus board wouldn't even POST at 5600mhz let alone 6000+. With a single rank kit I can now get it to 6400 1:1 and 7600 1:2. If you want moe speed, dropping CL helps a lot as it really isn't critical.

One last thing, it may not be the case for your board but my Asus board needed MCR enabled in two separate locations AND power down enabled in the BIOS for it to actually work properly. My boot times went from 3-5 minutes to less than 10 seconds.

That has been my experience with VDDP,VDDQ,SOC, etc. They really didn't need to be raised. The board was setting them to something stupid like 1.3v and it was causing instability and much higher heat loads.

I use his timings for DDR5 6200 with a 7800X3D, from this video:

View: https://youtu.be/XT_Km8UzZvY?si=l-falpJkCilBS2aN

I don't think I deviated at all, with the timings. I will check tomorrow. I did start with his timings from Hardware Unboxed Zen4 memory video. But that was before the big AGESA update for memory.

For voltages, I think I combined some knowledge from various, as well as experience with this same set of RAM, in an Intel build (I'm using T-Create DDR5 7200).

Curious which version had the big memory update? Initially I read horror stories with the bios updates unless you needed the 3d cpu soc voltage fix. I'm still on 0804 believe it or not. Solid as a rock alittle long boot up time but... I like free speed tweaks! :D

Edit: ram runs advertised settings at 6000 mhz just fine even with them being 2x32gb at expo ii.

Curious which version had the big memory update? Initially I read horror stories with the bios updates unless you needed the 3d cpu soc voltage fix. I'm still on 0804 believe it or not. Solid as a rock alittle long boot up time but... I like free speed tweaks! :D

Edit: ram runs advertised settings at 6000 mhz just fine even with them being 2x32gb at expo ii.
I think its the one right in the title of that video ;)

7600 would have been impossible, before that. He goes higher, in later videos. Of course, the ratio is no longer 1:1.

I had a bugcheck coming out of sleep...

More shocking than having a crash resuming from sleep on an overclocked PC is that someone is actually using sleep in the first place to be honest.

I use sleep all the time and I think most people do. Not sure what’s strange about that.

I use similar timings on my 2x32GB kit. Stock voltages aside from SOC at 1.15 and VDIMM at 1.35. I’m less aggressive about refresh times and intervals because to me the possibility of silent data corruption doesn’t seem worth it. I do change the interval to about 8 microseconds and the time to 200ish nanoseconds.

More shocking than having a crash resuming from sleep on an overclocked PC is that someone is actually using sleep in the first place to be honest.
Yeah I'm not really hard core OC, but I'd like to tune for performance. This is my daily rig...

I use sleep all the time and I think most people do. Not sure what’s strange about that.

I use similar timings on my 2x32GB kit. Stock voltages aside from SOC at 1.15 and VDIMM at 1.35. I’m less aggressive about refresh times and intervals because to me the possibility of silent data corruption doesn’t seem worth it. I do change the interval to about 8 microseconds and the time to 200ish nanoseconds.
Would you mind posting a screen of your ZenTimings please. My DIMM is back up to 1.35V CLDO VDDP is set at 1.0.

New version of zen timings is out. With my new amd chipset drivers from asus, zentimings doesn't see the power table anymore.

These are my tweaked settings:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-28 211755.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-28 211755.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Xar
like this
Back