Buildup with MCT5 normal?

Budwise

[H]ard|Gawd
Went to go install my new MCW55 today and pulled off my hoses and pulled out my res to find a nice buildup on the inside of both. Is this normal?

The clear tube here is new, next to the tube that has been running for 2 months or so.
MCW55%20Foggy%201.jpg

MCW55%20Foggy%202.jpg

i cant help but show the finished prodcuct :)

MCW55%20Wide%20Angle.jpg

Looks like the same stuff that was in that other non-conductive fluid that everyone ragged on.

that greyish stuff on the side of the res? looks like finger prints to me :S if it s the host your talking about i unno...

and if its PC ICE your talking about TN its becuase they use a powder for the dye 0_0

update...

Well, i just got it all up and running again after redoing everything. MCT5 sure did leave some nasty gunk in my blocks!

Here's the pics
Rebuild-Storm%20Pieces.jpg

I first drained the loop, then ran a 50/50 mix of distilled and vinegar, then drained and ran distilled through it a while to flush out, then broke everything down.

Here's the before
MCW55%20Wide%20Angle.jpg

Here's after..
Rebuild-Finished2.jpg

Rebuild-Finished.jpg

When tightening down the Storm block one of the screw's heads just snapped right off! A quick run to home depot and i devised a better solution. I mounted studs rather than screwing down. Studs should offer better mounting for bare cores of course cuz you cannot come down and have it not straight. Im sure this is nothing new, but it is for me :)

Rebuild-Mount2.jpg

Rebuild-Mount.jpg

I cannot directly contribute this to the change in fluid cuz i did flush out the rad and run the fins under hot water to get out any dust, but i went from 38-39C load to 34-36C load! WOW! Needless to say, im a happy camper.

Nice setup Budwise. Yup, studs are the only way to go. Been using them for many moons...

that build up is exactly what happened when I used fluid xp... i figured it was normal but then it started getting really bad... drained it and found corrosion everywhere! my block was totalled! Now I use hydrx and love it! stay away from the non-conductive fluids... i have heard nothing but bad experiences from people that use it!

I had to redo my loop and when I drained it of the fluid xp there was a thick coat of that stuff all over my res. All of my hoses had that stuff too. I didn't check if it messed up my block... maybe I should. When I first started water cooling i got two things of fluid XP. Dumb idea in retrospect.

Krazy_Joe said:
that build up is exactly what happened when I used fluid xp... i figured it was normal but then it started getting really bad... drained it and found corrosion everywhere! my block was totalled! Now I use hydrx and love it! stay away from the non-conductive fluids... i have heard nothing but bad experiences from people that use it!

It's actually the opposite for me. Are you sure FluidXP was soley to blame for the corrosion? Would be strange that a coolant would be corrosive to the metal found in all cooling systems.

Back