• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Building new system. Need advice

Rob Black

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
2,291
Hi, long time reader first time poster.

Im planing to build a new system (mainley for video editing and some light gaming)
I was looking at the frys ad in local paper and they have this cpu & mobo (P4 3.2Ghz) combo for $219.19. I was thinking of buying this, I was wondering if this was a good deal? or should I buy the cpu seperate and a differnt motherboard? (this motherboard has no PCI-E and only 2 slots for memory) heres the link.

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4222194#detailed

Thanks in advance.
 
Well, it looks decent for the price, but for video editing I'd tend toward a better (read: more $) motherboard. A socket 775 would probably be cooler and quieter (but not much).

What's your budget?

Welcome to the [H], enjoy your stay. Join the DC team!
 
Thanks for the reply.

My budget is around $1000, another question, what it be good to invest in a 10k raptors HDD? I hear such good things about these.
 
Rob Black said:
Thanks for the reply.

My budget is around $1000, another question, what it be good to invest in a 10k raptors HDD? I hear such good things about these.

yeah these are truly awesome drives.. VERY quick.. pick up 2x WD raptor 74gb and put them on a RAID0.. these things blaze!
 
Back
Top