Building my wife a new rig, convinced her to play BF3

I can't find the link, but which show was this at? I can probably find it again.

Edit: PAX. But it was a different picture, kek. Sorry to confuse you two. The picture I am thinking of happens to have felicia day in it which was commented about how your wife looks like her. I guess my mind was like "herp, you've seen that before.."

http://vubui.net/post/9483393513/similar-worlds-collide

yeah unfortunately it seems that far too many of us have women that despise the concept of a gaming computer.

"Why would you rather play games that come hang out with me?!"

Heard it all too many times.

yeah unfortunately it seems that far too many of us have women that despise the concept of a gaming computer.

"Why would you rather play games that come hang out with me?!"

Heard it all too many times.

To which you reply: "Bitch, if you love me you'll come hang out and play video games with me."

Shots before the HSF, it's now installing Windows 7 64bit. Specs are the exact same as my sig. Actually all the parts are identical, with the exception of the pink chassis. :)

Shots before the HSF, it's now installing Windows 7 64bit. Specs are the exact same as my sig. Actually all the parts are identical, with the exception of the pink chassis. :)

You should totally swap her cases.

Its like putting a hot-dog in a tunnel.

hehehehe I laugh at my own words.

It does look pretty sweet though.

Yeah, we never planned to use CrossFire or anything, so mATX board with a single PCI-E slot did the trick. Only $99 for the board and it's solid as a rock so far. With everything all said and done, my system running for a while now with all of my apps that I use. It takes 30 seconds or less to perform a full reboot, including typing in my password. :) Hers will be more or less identical, granted she has a few different apps.

I showed my girlfriend this thread and now she wants one for Christmas. I don't see her playing BF3 though. At most Sims 3 and Bejeweled.

I showed my girlfriend this thread and now she wants one for Christmas. I don't see her playing BF3 though. At most Sims 3 and Bejeweled.

Gotta start somewhere, and make you broke in the process. :)

haha nice. my wife gets dizzy using eyefinity so she sticks with a single display.

Also, before I forget, it's 3 x 22" HP's 1680x1050 LCD (model:LA2205WG).

I picked them up for $99 each + $25 shipping each. So not bad, considering everywhere else they are about $200 a pop, also they were new in box. :)

Testing portrait mode Eyefinity setup. This was before the bezel compensation tool was ran.

And The Sims 3 with Eyefinity, just for fun.

Update!

My wife's nephew and I got her addicted to CS:S now. :)

We also popped a 4th 22" LCD onto the onboard DVI port, so she can game while she games. :)

Action shot:
http://youtu.be/xWlnwAitk4I

Last edited:
Back