1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1,000 but I wouldn't mind spending a little more and I really wouldn't mind spending less
3) Where do you live?
South Florida, Pompano Beach
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Everything: Case, Mobo, RAM, GPU, PSU, DVD burner, CPU, CPU Heatsink, Case fans, hard drives and whatever else I may need(such as sound cards, etc, but I'm not sure if I'll include that in the budget).
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Nothing, except monitors (maybe a 9600GT, should the need arise)
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have one 19" (@1280x1024) and one 20" HDTV (@1440x900)
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
As soon as can be, but I wouldn't mind waiting a few months
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
RAID maybe, but I don't plan to use Crossfire or SLI (for obvious reasons)
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Win7 64bit
My current PC is around five or six years old and I'm running an X2 on a 939 with DDR RAM. It's about time that I upgrade. I'm an avid hardcore PC gamer, but I am not an enthusiast. I would like this build to last for a while, such as I don't plan on a new build for another five or so years. I'm building it from the ground up and so I'm reusing no parts (hold maybe a 9600GT if the need arises, as I hear new video cards are coming out soon and I think that could hold me until then).
Here's my build (all on Newegg):
DVD Burner $20
Xclio A380 BK $80
Samsung F2 HD103Si $65x2
EVGA GTX460 768GB $170
XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W $130
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) $80
ASUS P7P55 LX LGA 1156 $110
Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz $195
Zalman 9500A-LED 92mm $50
With Shipping, that comes to just under $1,000, at $993.60
Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1,000 but I wouldn't mind spending a little more and I really wouldn't mind spending less
3) Where do you live?
South Florida, Pompano Beach
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Everything: Case, Mobo, RAM, GPU, PSU, DVD burner, CPU, CPU Heatsink, Case fans, hard drives and whatever else I may need(such as sound cards, etc, but I'm not sure if I'll include that in the budget).
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Nothing, except monitors (maybe a 9600GT, should the need arise)
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have one 19" (@1280x1024) and one 20" HDTV (@1440x900)
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
As soon as can be, but I wouldn't mind waiting a few months
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
RAID maybe, but I don't plan to use Crossfire or SLI (for obvious reasons)
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Win7 64bit
My current PC is around five or six years old and I'm running an X2 on a 939 with DDR RAM. It's about time that I upgrade. I'm an avid hardcore PC gamer, but I am not an enthusiast. I would like this build to last for a while, such as I don't plan on a new build for another five or so years. I'm building it from the ground up and so I'm reusing no parts (hold maybe a 9600GT if the need arises, as I hear new video cards are coming out soon and I think that could hold me until then).
Here's my build (all on Newegg):
DVD Burner $20
Xclio A380 BK $80
Samsung F2 HD103Si $65x2
EVGA GTX460 768GB $170
XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W $130
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) $80
ASUS P7P55 LX LGA 1156 $110
Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz $195
Zalman 9500A-LED 92mm $50
With Shipping, that comes to just under $1,000, at $993.60